Entertaining

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

charlie wiseman

Assistant Cook
I am wanting to fix beef kabobs for app. 50 people. Two kabobs per person. I will be fixing them on the grill. My concern is how can I keep them hot and not dry them out while cooking the remainder. Should I keep them in a warmer or put them in the oven until it is time to eat?

How long will this keep them nice and juicy? I am not wanting to leave them for long but, if I do this as they come off the grill how long will they keep until they need to be served?
Thanks

Does your warmer have the 'moist' feature for rising bread? Maybe tent loosely with foil and keep in the warmer. They will be fine for the time it takes to cook the rest of the kebobs - be sure to remove from grill before completely done to allow for the residual heat to finish cooking them.

charlie wiseman said:
I am wanting to fix beef kabobs for app. 50 people. Two kabobs per person. I will be fixing them on the grill. My concern is how can I keep them hot and not dry them out while cooking the remainder. Should I keep them in a warmer or put them in the oven until it is time to eat?
How big is your grill, Charlie? If you can cook 50 at a time, then perhaps it's not a problem. Is this an informal occasion, or a "sit-down" dinner?

cliveb,
It a informal occasion at a friends home. I agreed to cook for them. They have a gas grill app 750sq. in. The kabobs are small 12" ones. It is possible that I can rent a large portable grill with a much larger surface. It is also gas fired. I was just thinking that if I had a way to keep them warm until served, I could use what they have to cook with and not have to furnish anything but my time.
Thanks

I think they all will fit on the grill. If not cover them on a plate with some foil or plastic and put them in your oven on warm. That should go the trick.

Happy party.

Jill and Jolie

Back
Top Bottom