Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras feasts...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So caseydog, you are weird form of zombie since you like to eat muddydaddy brains?

What can I say. :rolleyes:

Crawfish "heads" are actually the "guts" of the crawfish. If you think too much about it, you won't eat it. If you don't think about it, and just suck it down, it is very buttery and tasty.

CD

I have gone off craw fish after my ex father decided that it was a great idea to fish his allowed lot... well 3 families to share, each got 8 kilo of craw fish each and we all got them boiled the Swedish way.
I just stat down and remove heads, claws and tail and then we froze and we ate every way you can with craw fish. They do not store well in a crap freezer.

Haven't really given any thought to Mardi Gras or Lent. However, I seem to have the desire to make a king cake, which I have in earlier years. Sooo good, but Glenn and I don't eat as many sweets as we used to and I have a suspicion some of it would go to waste. I may make some mini king rolls instead. No recipe for such, but I'm sure I could come up with something acceptable.

As for Lent, we'll probably eat a little less.

No, it is just the Coonass way, nothing wierd about it.;)

Yep. I was reluctant to say "coonass" because people who don't know any think it is an insult. But, I lived in Port Arthur for 8 years, and "coonass" is more of a badge of honor than an insult.

When I lived down there, I had access to a fantastic place for duck hunting. I would easily shoot my limit in a couple of hours, and those birds went to a close friends' "mama" who would cook up a huge pot of duck gumbo. OMG, that was some good eats.

CD

img_1501176_0_a85c47fbff6844b692962c8da4e7244b.jpg

So this is a semla, many people eat it just like this is with coffee.

img_1501176_1_fb5b6f1f6539b1bd9535560210fa4549.jpg

That isnt me, I go for the old tradition of hot wall, hot milk and the semla in the middle and I am happy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom