Father's Day Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I should probably make this a poll and see how many Dad's are getting steak tonight. Ken has asked for steak and I bought crab legs to go with. I'll likely make him a committee salad and do up some baked spuds too. Dessert was undecided until a little while ago. Bugs is considering an Italian Dream Cream cake and I'm considering using up the leftover crepes in a crepe cake. One of those will be dessert.

What did the Dad's in your life request? Or do you do a dinner out?

No steak here. I like steak ok, but it's not my "to die for" meal.

Daughter is working, so it's just me and DW. I thought we'd do some burgers on the grill and just enjoy the sunny day we've been graced with.

Sun is still trying to break through the clouds here, I'm glad you have a sunny day. Enjoy your day Steve!

SO announced the other day that she was going to let me cook myself a steak dinner with baked potato for Father's Day. I put my foot down and insisted on mashed potato and a salad to go with the steak. Sweetheart that she is, she agreed. I'll bake one potato for her and mash the other for me. I have a couple of choice ribeyes defrosting.

Hmmm, she didn't mention dessert.

What did the Dad's in your life request? Or do you do a dinner out?

He requested that I go in for a BBQ that the assisted living apartment place he lives at was having, but as usual his/their schedule and mine conflicted.
It's holidays like this that I wonder why my sister doesn't plan something at her house. :huh:

That would make it easier. Are you going to be able to see your dad on a different day?

Oh yeah. I'll go in later this week and we'll do lunch somewhere.

DH asked for Lasagna - my Lasagna .. so that's what it will be tonight. Along with salad, garlic bread and his favorite Coconut Cream Pie.

Would it be terribly rude of me to ask how old your dad is pacanis?

Gee I don't know... If you know my first name, location and the age of my father... you may be able to stalk me. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He's 89.

Gee I don't know... If you know my first name, location and the age of my father... you may be able to stalk me. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He's 89.

If this was a TV crime show, I could find out your whole life story in less than a minute with that information.

We took DH to a ball game for Father's Day so lunch and dinner was ball park food. Chili dogs, fried dough, soft pretzels, popcorn and shaved ice.

DH is, for all purposes, Beagle's adoptive father, so I'm grilling lime-chipotle marinated chicken breasts along with smoked fingerlings and baby carrots in foil packets.

So many dinner threads today, this one, Dad's day plans and Sunday dinner. Does this mean we get to eat 3 times?

Jr got out of dodge really early today and is probably 3 states away by now for early work tomorrow. DxW made enough potato salad, green salad and bake beans to feed us for a week. I grilled up some chix breasts she had too. Lawn chairs in the sun in the back yard. It actually got too warm so we moved to the shade. Ahh, summer.

Himself requested food. ;) I had hotdogs and buns, made up potato salad...and then headed to the corner store for porterhouse steak, corn on the cob, and mushrooms in case that was dinner. When we got home from 5:00 PM Mass he was hungry then so we ended up with the tube steaks. Tomorrow will be another "Fathers Day" since we'll do steaks/corn/mushrooms then.

He's 89.

you know, pac, that's the first time i've ever heard you talk about family. well, except for an ex, i think.

you might need another gun after this. ;)

my dad's day dinner was what dw and my boy wanted: sushi. i choked so unaju and ginger pork down (poor me), lol.

i'll get my steak and lobsters later in the week.

i did get the catcher's mitt that i was asking for, and a baseball autographed by my boy, so all was not lost on the day. :)

Craig had his 2-1/2 to 3 inch thick rib eye Saturday night, couldn't even eat half of mine. Had bakers, carmelized onions and dry-fried mushrooms to go with. I made eggs Benedict and cubed fried potatos for his F-day breakfast and we had the pizzas per my post in the Sunday night dinner thread for dinner. I'd say he had a pretty good 24 hours food wise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom