"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking

Old 06-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #31
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margi Cintrano View Post
Harry,

Thanks for sharing the card ... Happy Fatherīs Day Harry.

Ciao.
Margi.
thank you margi,he's a "chip off the old block" as we say over here,thank goodness.we are going to meet up in manchester & see "abraham lincoln vampire slayer" at the movies then eat at wagamama,we both love those big bowls of spicy broth with seafood & udon noodles!
enjoy your weekend
ciao
harry

Old 06-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #32
Assistant Cook

Wink Four generations BBQ

We are doing a four generation ( My husband's father, my husband, our youngest son, and his son. So it is not only four generations it is also four generations of fathers and men. ) BBQ, on Sunday. We are going to do a hamburger bar, with all sorts of sides to go on the burgers. I am going to make a couple of salads, and make some deviled eggs. I ordered a cake from the local bakery. As I want to spend time with family and not so much time preparing everything, that am to tired to enjoy myself.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Well, my dad is in California and DH is leaving Sunday morning for a conference and will be gone all week. I'm thinking I'll make him a special breakfast before he leaves, and pack a snack in his bag. On a couple other trips this year, I gave him a container of roasted peanuts, dried cherries and wasabi peas for a road snack. I'll call my dad and DH and I will Skype
Old 06-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #34
Sous Chef

My father died in '94, and I don't have kids of my own...all "steps." 10 of 'em, but do you think? So, Sunday isn't a big deal, just my dog, Sadie and me. But I scored a new Weber Smokey Joe Gold on CraigsList for $10, and I have a couple of really nice hammered steel paella pans, so I'm breaking one out for Sunday. They're a perfect fit for that little grill. Should be good, maybe I'll invite someone over.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #35
Executive Chef

Will probably test out my new toy with a tri-tip.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

have fun with your new egg, craigsy.

our papa's day plans got changed by the weather. it's raining out over the ocean, so no fishing trip. we'll put it off until wednesday when school's out. i'm kinda glad because i'm freakin' exhausted. work last night sucked. i must have walked 5 miles back and forth through our huge building, up and down 6 flights of stairs while vhecking systems out between midnight and 6 am.

but, i managed to drag my butt out of bed at noon today, and my boy was waiting with a card, a baseball poster he made the says " happy father's day coach dad", and he gave me a new 12 foot surfcasting pole.

and now we're having a wicked game of whiffle ball in the backyard. (we had to switch to whiffle or end up paying for neighbours windows and siding, lol)

happy father's day everyone!!!

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #37
Master Chef

I'll probably spend some time in the man cave tonight and just chill out....:)
Old 06-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #38
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Shrek got a nice, "Happy Father's Day" from the CNA's, me and the kids. I called my Dad and talked with him. Finally decided to get him the Ratios Cookbook after talking with Mom.

Dad was in the process of taking out the last section of counters and cabinets in their kitchen that needed to be redone. Once that is done, Mom's kitchen will be completely done.

Lunch with Shrek and I'm headed back for dinner in a bit.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

my son is the grandpa to my four little great granddaughters. their mom had them make a very special gift. it is a picture of all four with the soles of their shoes showing, spelling out "we (heart) love our pa pa". he was so thrilled, she had it framed and he has already hung it in his office. their mom is a very thoughtful, caring person and i am sure the girls will be also.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #40
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo
my son is the grandpa to my four little great granddaughters. their mom had them make a very special gift. it is a picture of all four with the soles of their shoes showing, spelling out "we (heart) love our pa pa". he was so thrilled, she had it framed and he has already hung it in his office. their mom is a very thoughtful, caring person and i am sure the girls will be also.
What a cool idea and a special gift! Your granddaughter is very clever.