Friends coming to dinner...??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
Paul and I are having friends over for dinner Friday.

Medhi, is one of the best cooks I've ever met.
I on the other hand am still learning ( and I have a lot left to learn)
Can any of you suggest a menu that is
semi-easy but, would impress the pants of him?? It has to be something
his teenage daughter would like too.

Thanks, Trish :D :D

hiya pd's-squeeze :D ,

i just saw a good appetizer the looks great and is ultra easy. quickly blanch in boiling salted water some asparagus, broccoli spears, fennel and onion slices, and strips of red/yellow/green peppers. submerge them in ice water immediately after blanching to stop it from cooking and to retain the color.
after cooling, pat the veggies dry, and wrap a couple of each veggie in thin slices of prosciutto. arrange the various colored veggies on a plate, sprinkle with black pepper, shave some parmesan cheese over top, and drizzle with a little evoo.

it looked so good that i'm going out for proscuitto and veggies this week.

pdswife, I would ask the gentleman what his daughter likes, as teenagers can be really butts when it comes to food. Steak or burgers stuffed with gorgonzola, roasted shallot and garlic cloves.

pdswife - The Lombardi chicken is SUPER easy to make and is so tender and moist you can't go wrong - if if the teenager doesn't like onions you can leave the spring onions off - and if they are concerned about the Marsala wine just do the teenagers in chicken broth with some salt added for flavor.

I just did a linguini and tossed it with some olive oil, salt, and a little fresh garlic - then I poured some of the broth that the chicken cooked in over it. It was super easy - but the brown butter pasta that PA baker suggested would be absolutely incredible and the teenager should definately like it!!!!!!

I also made this the next day but I didn't have any mushrooms so I sliced some onions and caramilized them in some butter until VERY brown - tossed this with the pasta and sauce from cooking chicken - again - it was great!

I served some rustic country bread with olive oil and balsamic with the salad - the next time I do a salad with this I am going to use GB's Green Cucumber salad - with the addition of Feta and celery - and spoon this over some iceburg for a Greek salad - just make sure you make some extra dressing out of the lemon juice and oregano.

The peas and rosemary were perfect with this dish - the flavors of the two dishes complimented one another perfectly.

If you are truly worried about the teenager just fix a good tasting spaghetti sauce - like Hunt's Traditional - buy some meatballs - throw in the sauce - you already have the pasta made.

Don't compromise your "adult" meal for 1 child.

Just roast a chicken or two and serve it with mashed potatoes and gravy. Make a Caeser Salad to go with it.

These are all great ideas!

The veggies wrapped in prosciutto is something I NEED to try.

Thanks to you all!!!!!

is there nothing that can't be wrapped in prosciutto and made better?

Proscuitto-Wrapped Asparagus W/Goat Cheese

1 clove garlic
1 TBS chopped chives
3 tsp red-wine vinegar
½ TBS Dijon mustard

Spread piece of prosciutto with goat cheese, then cut in half and wrap 3-5 pieces of blanched asparagus (depending on size) with the ½ piece of prosciutto. Place in a single layer on a plate and pour sauce over proscuitto and serve.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom