Golden Chef Father's Day Challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Ok, so we all made our wives and mothers the meal of their dreams, complete with chocolae roses, volcano brownies, etc. So now, I have a challenge for all you wives, and sons and daughters, That challenge is to make an amazing food that focus to the activities you father loves, and share the with us at DC, with pictures. I have way to much life on my plate right now, and so won't indulge the time to take up this challenge. But I look forward to the results. Some ideas:

Make a mini rifle that will fit on his plate, made from jerky, ring bologna, Slim Jim type sausages, bacon, etc.

make a miniature, edible bowling alley, with ball and pins

Make a sailboat, with jerky as the sides of the boat.

Make a fishing scene

Let's see how creative you can be.;)

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Sounds like an interesting challenge. However, my dad passed away 11 years ago, my wife divorced me, and my daughter has very little interest in cooking. So I probably won't be a participant, either.

The last challenge we had didn't seem to come to a conclusion.;)

This one isn't a contest, but rather, just something to do for fun. My dil, with her kids, had fun making home made Easter candy, with coverture chocolate, and candy molds that I sent them. The first batch they made were funny looking, but came out of the mods perfect. They learned and made better ones the 2nd time around. Most importantly, it was a fun time had by thier mom, and my grandkids.

That's the intended spirit of this challenge, to have fun, and just make something, even if you have to make it for yourself. I used to enjoy building model Navy vessels as a child, the more intricate, the better I liked the model. And then I painted them, every intricate detail. There was no contest, no competition, simply the joy of making something as good as I could.

If I wasn't swamped with life responsibilities right now, I'd be jumping into this challenge with both feet.

This challenge is for all of you who love the art and creativity of cooking. And I just might find a way to participate. I just have to take care of DW, and get all of the chores done first.:ermm:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom