Happy Thanksgiving Canada! Who's coming to dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Its going to be a small one for us this weekend. Just the 4 of us and the grammas. I still have the giant turkey (we like leftovers) and Bugs is going to try out the Pumpkin Caramel Tart in the latest Fine Cooking. I'm trying to decide on apple pie or something else that is suitably caloric and bad for us.

So Canadians, are you hosting or visiting? What's on the table?

Alix - since I am half Canadian, can I have half of your dinner? :LOL:

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving !!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Alix! After that huge anniversary spread you made for your anniversary you might appreciate a more relaxed Turkey Day.

Hmm, I'm not Canadian and not in Canada, but I see an excuse for something turkey this weekend. :yum:

Half Canadian here too, Happy Thanksgiving, eh?

I'll put on my tuke and raise a Labatt's!

Last edited:
Tricky, but is it okay to say Happy Thanksgiving from a Brit?

I say HT to Americans, and they are okay with it, so I hope it is okay to say I hope you have a lovely time? :wub:

We all appreciate a HT Katy. Thanks! And anyone who wants to make the trip can come on up. I have a very big birdie for only a few of us.

I have to make a green bean casserole for Bugs, but I want to do another veggie side. Something not too involved, but more than a steamed veg. Any thoughts?

I like to make a medley of roasted onions, carrots and Brussels sprouts sprinkled with a little balsamic vinegar. Mmmmm. Happy Thanksgiving!

Tricky, but is it okay to say Happy Thanksgiving from a Brit?

I say HT to Americans, and they are okay with it, so I hope it is okay to say I hope you have a lovely time? :wub:

It's okay as long as you did not participate in the War of 1812...:rolleyes::LOL:

Yes, your side...but since Katy is too young to have participated...
Just think, if we hadn't been rather preoccupied at the same time with the activities of that nasty little Frenchman and not able to give you our full attention you might be part of the British Empire now. You wouldn't have such nice teeth but your spelling might be better :-D :-D
(runs away to hide before the "special relationship" goes completely down the drain!)

Last edited:
I have a turkey brining. To go with it--wildrice stuffing, braised leeks, squash, rot kohl, baked potatoes, and I haven't decided if I'm making a pumpkin pie or not--I am not terribly fond of pumpkin anything. I might make an apple pie instead. Only the two of us, but I'll have leftovers next week and for the freezer.

Back
Top Bottom