Have a Soup Party!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redkitty

Executive Chef
Hey all, thought I would post about my fun parties I started a few years ago!

SOUP PARTY!! :chef:

Lets start by sending out an Invitations, Free eCards and Party Planning Ideas from Evite or email if its a small group. (Evite is free and really fun to use!)

I always write on the Evite that each guest must post what soup they are bringing. (You dont want to wind up with all the same soups!!)

We found the best way to serve the soups was to prepare a bowl full of each one and everyone gets a spoon. (Obviously this may not work for everyone since we all double dipped!) You obviously cant have a bowl full of each soup (you'd be stuffed after 2!!), so we just tasted them one by one and ate more of what we liked. Oh and so we knew what each soup was I wrote on post-its the name and stuck it in front of each bowl.

After the fun part of eating, then you vote! I cut up squares of paper and have everyone vote 1st and 2nd place. We used a white board to write the name of each soup for easy reference!

The host should have a prize for the winner, so last year we bought a nice soup ladel! I cant remember what 2nd prize was, but something chefy!!

Last soup party the winner was Chicken Tortilla and it deserved first place!

So thats my version of a Soup Soirée!! So much fun and its really great to see everyone get so creative!! I hope you have as much fun as we do!!!

Thanks for reading!!! Happy Souping!! :cool:

Sounds like a fun night and winter is sure a great time for a party like this.

I had a Stone Soup party one year about this time. The idea came from an old children's story...if you're not familiar with it, Google "Stone Soup".
The idea is, I supply the pot, water and a stone, then each guest is asked to bring something to put in the pot. You can organize it a little bit, by assigning each guest a certain catagory (meat, vegetable, broth) or leave it all to fate.

*Make sure your stone is clean. I used a smooth river rock, collected illegally from the Pisgah National Forest. Somehow, it just ended up in the back of the truck.

Thanks pdswife & jkath!! We didnt have a soup party last year and I really missed it! Soup is just so comforting and wonderful!! :)

PIE party details coming up next!!! :pig:

I have thrown dinner or brunch parties I call "three courses of soup". It started because an out of town guest was feeling under the weather (hmmm, a little too much fun the night before) and was not up to dinner. I make something a little on the broth-y side, usually Asian influenced. My husband makes a great French onion soup. Then I do something stew or chili -like. Good crusty bread, butter, cheese. It is always a big hit, especially in these cold months. Table setting is fun, too. A big soup cup, on top of a cereal-type bowl, on top of one of those shallow bowls you use for thick soups or pasta. Pretty setting.

redkitty said:
After the fun part of eating, then you vote! I cut up squares of paper and have everyone vote 1st and 2nd place. We used a white board to write the name of each soup for easy reference!

Great idea! I've been to a wine tasting party before, and we rated each bottle, but the winner didn't get anything. I recently had a potluck dinner, but no contest. I like the fact that people rate each person's offering, so I think I'll try this sometime soon!

Back
Top Bottom