Homemade Fries Prep - Movie Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy Mac

Assistant Cook
Hello,

Every two weeks throughout the summer, I run drive-in movies on a barn to an audience of about 50 people.

I have a small concession stand, mostly with small appliances for the home.

I've always just cooked frozen food (hot dogs, onion rings, curly fries, corn dogs, and popcorn).

This summer I want to start making homemade fries, using the blanching process to double or triple fry them.

Since this is normally a 30 minute process, how can I prepare enough fries in the afternoon to reduce my cooking time to between 5-10 minutes and have the fries keep?

Should I just be cooking them thoroughly and then re-heating them up to make them extra crispy once I get out to the country (a bedroom community outside my city)?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

You can pre cook them in the fryer and keep them in bins all day. In my old restaurant I cooked three or four bus bins ahead every morning and kept them in the fridge. They will even keep for a day or two in the fridge this way. Remember to keep them covered. When you want to serve them, just take what you want out and drop them in the 350 oil for a few minutes until done to your liking. Easy peasy.

Note: Let them cool to room temp before covering them for storage. If you cover them too soon they will keep cooking and become mushy and broken up into bits..yuck!

Last edited:
Welcome to DC Andy Mac. Rock hit the nail on the head !

Movies on the side of a barn .. sounds pretty cool !!

Two words about trying to crisp up your fries... Greek fries.
Put some greek sauce, some melted cheese, some raw onions on those fries and no one will care if they are crisp or not :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom