How about some Halloween dinner ideas?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Frogmore Stew! AKA low country boil. We use shrimp, polish sausage, corn on the cob, new potatoes, chunks of onion, halved lemons, Zatarains crab boil and a stick of butter. Spread newspapers on the table, set out a roll of paper towels, and have plenty of French bread on hand

Fabiabi, I totally agree with you but I'm thinking the kids would love it.

My son's birthday is Halloween so we have done some cool stuff.

If you quarter hot dogs long ways then fry them up they look like worms.

You can bake some hot dogs with thin strips of prepackaged croissant rolls wrapped around them they look like a mummy. Use mustard to draw on the eyes and mouth.

Hard boil some eggs then evenly crack the shells and soak in green dyed water or red. Then pull them out to dry on a paper towel, peel the shell off. The eggs should resemble blood shot eyes, cut them like you would when making deviled eggs. You can keep the yoke in and put any color olive slice for the pupil. Or you can mix the yokes into deviled eggs and just add the olive, either way they look crazy.

Ghoul punch, which is a bunch of different juices mixed together until it is black with gummy worms inside. You can make punch ice cubes with the worms and put them in a sprite drink, that looks cool too.

Also on amazon you can get a brain mold for pretty cheap, I think the ones I saw were plastic though. You could do a cool jello dessert with it.

You could make a meatloaf cauldron with a bunt cake tin, dye the tomato sauce black and pour it in the center with the hot dog worms for decorations.

Oh a really cool one was puff pastry lined in a large muffin tin with a scoop of cream spinach in the center. You can crinkle the dough first in the bottom of the tin (to make it look like a brain) then add the spinach and seal up the out side and bake. It looks yuko when you cut into it and all the spinach oozes out.

How about serving chili, soup or stew in a bread bowl "cauldron".

Craig

My SIL sent a cute one, Apple "bites". Quarter an apple, cut a small wedge out of the skin side of the quarter, then poke in almond slice or sliver "teeth" on the top and bottom. Dip in orange juice if they'll be out for awhile.

Last edited:
I did individual meat balls that were shaped like mice with carrot strips cut for whiskers, raisins for eyes, and tooth picks for tails. They were really nice for our family Halloween party.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom