How about some Halloween dinner ideas?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4meandthem

Half Baked
I think we going to invite my daughters best freind and her mother for Halloween dinner. Any suggestions are more than welcome. I want it to themed though.

My idea so far is to make a meatloaf in the shape of a body and put a ketchup well in the torso with a few cooked macaroni spoonfuls. I have done this one before minus the entrils and it was fun.

I was also thinking of making baked mac n cheese that has been dyed red and molded like a brain. I could use some help on cooking vessel ides. All I have so far is a metal bowl with a tin foil snake in the middle to make the lobes.

I would also like to make some sort of green salad to go with. Maybe some deviled egg spiders or eyeballs.Could use some more help here too.

No dessert!

Maybe a cocktail idea too! Something that can be for the adults and adapted for the kiddies.

I would also like to hear what anybody else has planned. I can always change my mind!

Last edited:
Cranberry juice, the juice from a few blood oranges and some dark red food dye or black cherry juice to make it closer to blood colored. Serve with torn up frozen black cherries to look like blood clots. Add a bit of vodka for the adult version.

Dessert has to be some sort of strawberry trifle. I find trifles look quite gory anyway with all those layers of custard and cream.

I saw a recipe somewhere for a dish that was called something like "Worms for Brains" It was an orange sweet pepper cut to look like a jack-o-lantern. The pepper was stuffed with spaghetti and sauce.

I saw a recipe somewhere for a dish that was called something like "Worms for Brains" It was an orange sweet pepper cut to look like a jack-o-lantern. The pepper was stuffed with spaghetti and sauce.

That may be easier and come out better than the mac-n-cheese brain I was thinking of. Thanks!

Whatever you decide to serve be sure to have some of this at the table.

Attachments

• sauce.jpg
    sauce.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 235
Does any one have any ideas about what yo do with green tomato's.
Are you looking for a Halloween recipe for the tomatoes? I wasn't sure because of where you posted this. I am going to assume that you really meant to start a new thread. With green tomatoes you can make a savory green tomatoe pie, a salsa, or of course there is always that old stand by, fried green tomatoes. You can google a recipe for any of these things.

Yuk, i really could never eat that. Sounds good for halloween though :wacko:

Martha Stewart has had some great creepy stuff. Witches fingers, mummy pepperoni cheese bread, stuff like that. I found a bunch of intriguing Halloween recipes on her website a couple years ago.

It's the most wonderful time of the year...love Halloween!

I am trying a few new things tonight as a test.

Shrunken head baked apples. (cut them in half and carve a face)

I took some BS chicken breasts and seasoned them,then I wahed with egg white and sprinkled black sesame seeds on them. A carrot tail and some red bell pepper eyes finish offf the rats.

I made some fingers from carrots to roast too.

I dyed some canned beans red and I just need to find something else to put in them.

Martha Stewart has had some great creepy stuff. Witches fingers, mummy pepperoni cheese bread, stuff like that. I found a bunch of intriguing Halloween recipes on her website a couple years ago.

It's the most wonderful time of the year...love Halloween!

Only martha stewart!! lol

4meandthem said:
I am trying a few new things tonight as a test.

Shrunken head baked apples. (cut them in half and carve a face)

I took some BS chicken breasts and seasoned them,then I wahed with egg white and sprinkled black sesame seeds on them. A carrot tail and some red bell pepper eyes finish offf the rats.

I made some fingers from carrots to roast too.

I dyed some canned beans red and I just need to find something else to put in them.

Sounds really cute, 4me! An almond or almond slice for a fingernail might work for the carrot fingers.

Katie H said:
I found this version of an orange bell pepper jack 'o lantern. I love the idea. Guess what I'm going to make for Glenn for Halloween dinner, which is also our wedding anniversary.

Now that's adorable!

What a great time for an anniversary, Katie!

What a great time for an anniversary, Katie!

Yes, it is. He calls me his dark-haired gypsy girl, so instead of a traditional wedding dress, I made a very ornate gypsy girl outfit. It looks like the one in the picture below, but the colors I used were deep blue, royal purple and silver.

Attachments

• Wedding outfit.pdf
    33.8 KB · Views: 119
Katie H said:
Yes, it is. He calls me his dark-haired gypsy girl, so instead of a traditional wedding dress, I made a very ornate gypsy girl outfit. It looks like the one in the picture below, but the colors I used were deep blue, royal purple and silver.

Can't see the pic, but can imagine how cool that wedding dress was!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom