Island-themed wedding menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just thought I would let you know, that the wedding went great :)
We had to improvise a bit. The family friend who married us had a bad case of stage fright! On top of that the weather forecast pointed to rain. It didn't rain after all - it was very windy on the beach though, so we ended up speeding through the ceremony and we left to eat at my mother-in-law's. The wind was going to blow my sarong away, so we had to stand opposite to the tradition (him to the left me on the right). I also couldn't get the ring on his finger so he had to put it on himself :LOL:

kwkouki1071wl.jpg

The food was very good, though some people didn't stick to the plan. They couldn't find any decent conch (in Key West?!) so we had to drop the conch fritters. Someone showed up with a taco salad, and another with planter's punch - so we didn't get to Constance & Kim's punch recipe. Too bad because I was looking forward to it, though there will be many more occasions for it. That planter's punch was awesome though. The fruit in it had been soaking in rum for two days! I probably shouldn't have had so much :-p

As a "wedding cake" we had the best little key lime pies imaginable. There's still some in my fridge right now. My sister-in-law made them the night before, and she arranged them on a three tiered tray with flowers in the middle, it was very pretty.

I think the coolest part was when my brother made us fruit. Everyone got together to watch him. This is him at work:

Wow! That fruit is beautiful. Almost too pretty to eat, but I bet it was delicious also. Sounds like quite a party!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom