"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking

Old 04-21-2008, 12:56 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Don't know because I haven't tried it, but somehow I think you could use your crock-pot to help keep some of the breakfast items warm. It might be of use to keep sausage warm. Just an idea.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:57 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Wow, sounds like your DWs friends can eat! I have the round cuisinart waffle maker too, and my friends will only eat half a waffle with eggs, bacon etc. or just one whole waffle. =)

Old 04-21-2008, 01:06 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
but will it leave as much of a " I wish I had a husband that can cook that well" impression on the ladies?
You're kidding right? You'll need to watch your wife's back the whole time. I NEVER tell a group of women how wonderful my husband is - it's not good to "advertise" to people with fingernails who make hissing noises!

This looks like a good recipe - and while you're at it you may want to take a look at these. Creme Brulee French Toast, Grand Marnier French Toast - oh please - these ladies will have to be shoved out the door at the end of the weekend!

I guess we're all saying French Toast because of the quantity you have to make. We're just trying to make it easier on you.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:43 PM   #14
Senior Cook

ya know,
my mother in law told my wife not to advertise me
her aunts told her,too
and given some of the things that she has said in front of them, and then confirmed when questioned
those were some good women.
I have often said that she was going to introduce me to my second wife

But now, I am pretty much of the mindset...
I have enough problems with the wife I have to krrp me from trying to jump ship for greener grass. And I think she knows that. She says all the time that me cheating is not her big worry about me. She hasnt told me what the big worry is thou.

In any case the girls do like to eat. As time draws near, I may post what all she has to eat. I know there will be a seafood feast one day, with crabs fish, shrimps and something else with a pile of sides. The other day will probably be soul food with ribs and who knows what all else
Old 04-22-2008, 03:41 AM   #15
Executive Chef

You know, unless you want to be known for good waffles AND good pancakes, I would leave the pancakes alone!

"...current wife..." - LOL

Bacon cooks really well in the microwave too by the way.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:58 AM   #16
Head Chef

I think you're going to have to roll the ladies out the door after the amount of food you are preparing. I must say, if I had that many women coming for a weekend, my DH would head for the hills until it was all over.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:33 AM   #17
Head Chef

I would make crepes and fill with ricotta cheese that has been sweetened a little sugar
served with vanilla syrup and whipped cream you can keep these warm for a long time
in a 225 oven covered just my 2 cents
Old 04-27-2008, 09:57 AM   #18
Senior Cook

Well the big show is next week, I will post in between waves of washing dishes. Right now, well, my wife's great uncle was killed, last week and I am in the midst of hosting family for the funeral. Goodweeds Pancakes worked again!
My inlaws think I can cook, I have them fooled!
Old 04-27-2008, 09:59 AM   #19
Executive Chef

Sorry to hear about your FIL. Condolences to you and your wife. "Killed" sounds very tragic. I hope the situation was not to traumatic.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:10 AM   #20
Senior Cook

Wasn't FIL, it was my wife's great uncle. Yes it was tragic. He was an elderly man who lived in a third floor apartment on not the best side of DC. He was in the habit of leaving the outer door to the building open, so that friends and family could come and check on him, without he having to go up and down the steps. He was stabbed 6 times laying in his own bed. His wife came home to find him and his youngest child, 16 came in shortly afterwards. She had left him to go to cheer leading practice shortly before the crime took place.

In any case....

My advice....on this breakfest thing.... he he he I got out of it. The one young lady who was demanding, who asked that I make waffles couldn't come at the last minute. So they had eggs and bacon and cinnamon rolls and tea and coffee and potatoes, I guess hash browns.. and fruit about 4 kinds and I forget what else.

Wife is taking off today. I guess we will finish cleaning the mess.