ISO sides for a BBQ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aw shucks ma'am...thank you. I always plant a big corn patch for just that purpose! :rolleyes: I enjoy sharing...it gives me a warm feeling. Sometimes I even get invited to a bowl of warm peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream!;)

Now that I have "stolen" your heart...would ya share the butter recipe with me?

Sure, don't know why I didn't just mention it off the top! I have seen lots of "corn butters" but put this one together myself just to see if it would work...and it did!

I take unsalted butter and add some finely chopped fresh rosemary, thyme, shallots, garlic and (here's my secret) a couple of finely chopped anchovy fillets (I prefer not to use paste) with a few course grinds of black pepper. Check for saltiness from the anchovies and add a little kosher salt if needed. Think of it as sort of the "all dressed potato chip" corn butter. :LOL:

Sorry I can't give you quantities, I just do it to "taste"!

Oh, I do love cobbler and can even make the ice cream!

:ermm:So where are we all meeting for this big BBQ shindig? It was snowing here on the Canadian West Coast this morning so I think it'll have to be a little farther south!

LPBeier said:
So where are we all meeting for this big BBQ shindig? It was snowing here on the Canadian West Coast this morning so I think it'll have to be a little farther south!

Thanks for recipe....it sounds awsome! Love the Anchovy twist! Lots of other applicatioins are running through my mind besides corn on the cob.
The BBQ will be in the Dallas/Fortworth Area...Michael is hosting!:ermm:

A BBQ without potato salad (with lots of dill pickle) is like a day without sunshine!!

Fun!

try a mexican influence in a mac salad. cooked pasta, cheese, diced green peppers
(can) corn,onions, cilantro, celery if desired, hard boiled eggs (sliced)

chili pwd. a tiny bit of cumin. or i just use mayo and taco seasoning ( in the pouch) and sliced olives.

no measurements here either , just use your eye for how much of each, depending on how many servings u will need

first time i made this, my grandson said "you could sell this grandma. he is also said that i am a "good cooker" bless him.

babe:chef::chef:

... The BBQ will be in the Dallas/Fortworth Area...Michael is hosting!:ermm: ...

Naw, Uncle Bob - this is chave982's BBQ.

Mine is in July ... and with aunts, cousins, nieces and nephews, their kids, my kids and grandkids, etc ... that's about 50 people if everyone shows up!

I am with the majority on corn on the cob, baked beans or BBQ beans, macaroni salad or potato salad or cole slaw, things like that.
But what about Calico beans?

I went to a BBQ the other week and took a Calabrese salad... well sort of. Kalamata olives, diced red onion, baby bocconcini and cherry tomatoes served with a very good quality Balsamic vinegar as dressing and torn basil leaves.

The other sides there were a green salad with feta, potato and sour cream bake, and couscous with vegetables, oh and hot dog rolls. We had chevups, bbq (beef) sausages, some type of steak and lamb kebabs (marinated in honey, garlic and balsamic). (Of course, what I didn't consider that those in charge of the bbq have a preference for carcinogenic meats so the kebabs became nugget like in their hands!)

Dessert was good coffee, chocolate dipped strawberries and Lindt balls.

Did nobody here mention cole slaw, or did I miss it when I read the rest of the threads? This is shocking! For me, there's no such thing as BBQ without cole slaw. I love the stuff. Plus it's easy to make. So that's my vote! :)

am i the only one who thought "but the coals will fall out without sides"...:cool:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
1.gif

Back
Top Bottom