ISO ways to make my Thanksgiving menu a little more special.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm 6 feet tall, roughly 230 pounds, and i still have to sit on the little fold up chairs at the kids table. that's what you get when you're the last of 6 kids. :(

the good part, though, is getting to teach all of the nieces and nephews, ranging in age from 6 to 28, how to steal uncle dickie's pumpkin pie, or tease aunt claire until she gets upset, or otherwise play with their food to make things fun.

i think i'll have to introduce the finger olives this year. :-p

back on topic: we have the traditional meal every year, so the only thing that ends up being special is who gets the honour of saying grace, and what everyone adds on to the end of the standard prayer, followed by my dad.

btw, ours is "bless us oh lord for these thy gifts, which we are about to receive from thy bounty, through christ our lord, amen... and may god bless you and keep you, may he let his face shine upon you and be gracious to you, and may he look upon you kindly and give you peace"

then, everyone so inclined gets to add what they are thankful for, with my dad wrapping things up.

amen. :)
I love that BT!

:)Barbara

what a sweet idea for the kids. the current crop of great grandchildren are to young to sit at a table alone. but will certainly keep it in mind. gotta have a dish of olives , for putting on the fingers, of course.
How funny, we have been having this conversation about olives, and today Steven Curtis Chapman (singer) posted this picture of his daughter on Twitter:

Attachments

• Olives Anyone (Steven Curtis Chapman).jpg
    Olives Anyone (Steven Curtis Chapman).jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 206
My guys all sit at the big table with us, use the good china and we found some short stem glasses for them to use and they love it. It is amazing how they change when faced with good things. They all love it and behave like big kids:) You feel so proud of them and it teaches them how to behave and they feel proud of them selves.
kades

I sat with the adults one year, after I turned 13, the kid's table was more fun. Besides, I got to jump up and take care of babies, when there were any!:)

BT we say grace as well every sunday each one of the kids take turns saying it and the others add on wishes for everyone. It's so nice to hear there voices it not only makes me smile but tears are always near the surface. Hugs to you boy.
kades

We love kids at our table, it causes the adults to behave. How else do kids learn social graces.
The Menu's for your special day are all fab. To make this meal special, I can only think of the careful and balanced selection of aperitif, wine, and digestive.

Back
Top Bottom