It's Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know when screw or bolt threads get messed up it is common to say you buggered up the threads, so I'd have to say it is also a verb here.

I almost never heard either of my parents swear, in English, Danish, or Swedish. I would sometimes hear my dad say "för helvete" (hell) if he got really angry. If my mum used a swear word, it meant that she was really, really angry. All her friends knew it was really serious if she let out one of those words.

She wouldn't even say, "I hate his guts." She would say "I dislike his guts." which, with a Danish accent, was always pretty funny.

Well, hopefully no one will FUBAR their Thanksgiving dinners this year and everyone will be well sated, with turkey filled bellies and dreams.

Kind of sorry I started this thread, things got out of whack!
It was meant to help people with any cooking questions pre-Thanksgiving.
Since the busiest day on this site is Thanksgiving or leading up to it.

Kind of sorry I started this thread, things got out of whack!
It was meant to help people with any cooking questions pre-Thanksgiving.
Since the busiest day on this site is Thanksgiving or leading up to it.

It wasn't a bad idea. I think people just aren't ready to get into it yet. I know I'm not.

I looked at all the on-line local restaurant menus I could think of that serve Turkey dinners off season/ on their regular menus. Scratched 'em all off the list for a preview night out. Ersatz/ canned gravy, too salty, watery turkey held in steam pans too long, dried out meat held under grow lights too long, gluey stuffing and worst of all-- no cranberries.

I guess I am too picky. I guess I am not thankful enough they even offer turkey on menus. I should shut up and be happy we even have thanksgiving to look forward to.

I looked at all the on-line local restaurant menus I could think of that serve Turkey dinners off season/ on their regular menus. Scratched 'em all off the list for a preview night out. Ersatz/ canned gravy, too salty, watery turkey held in steam pans too long, dried out meat held under grow lights too long, gluey stuffing and worst of all-- no cranberries.

I guess I am too picky. I guess I am not thankful enough they even offer turkey on menus. I should shut up and be happy we even have thanksgiving to look forward to.

My daughter buys turkeys throughout the year when they are on sale. I have one of her small ones in my freezer. Whenever the mood strikes her, she cooks up a turkey dinner with all the fixings. You might get one in the middle of the summer. :angel:

My daughter buys turkeys throughout the year when they are on sale. I have one of her small ones in my freezer. Whenever the mood strikes her, she cooks up a turkey dinner with all the fixings. You might get one in the middle of the summer. :angel:

I cooked up a big turkey with all the fixings this summer. Helps clean out the freezer, and nothing wrong with Thanksgiving in July (or was it August?)

We get a free turkey or two every year through DH's work. We are usually invited to relatives for T'giving, at least for the last 8 years, and they do the turkey.

Last edited:
nothing wrong with Thanksgiving in July (or was it August?)

Right on Dawg. The turkeys are prices so inexpensively at Thanksgiving we always buy 5. We have one at Thanksgiving then every 3 months we have another - with all the trimmings. We allow 1 extra for when company comes and stays more than a day. It's cheap but delicious eats.

By the time Thanksgiving rolls around again we are ready for another load of them.

In my area you can normally buy a whole turkey, ham or roast for about the same price as one pound of premium deli cuts.

It makes good cents to periodically have a feast. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I freeze the leftovers in small packages for sandwiches and casseroles.

I also simmer the bones for a pot of soup!

Back
Top Bottom