July 18th is our 8th Anniversary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nikkiev

Assistant Cook
And I haven't figured out what to cook. I want to do something special but I don't want to go out to eat like we normally do. Any suggestions? I don't eat fish but hubby does. I want to do something special for him but I am drawing a blank. What sort of thing do you normally serve for a special occasion?

Happy Anniversary to you!!

Our 9th is on the 18th too so Paul and I will be celebrating along with you and your hubby.

You say you don't like fish.. what about clams? Steamed clams with melted butter are wonderful. Serve them with a nice green salad and some crusty French bread and you have a nice meal.

Or... how about a nice romanic picnic for two? Fruits, wine, cheeses and a chocolate dessert of some kind??

Keeping with the seafood idea, how about lobster?

We prefer baked stuffed, but anyway is great.

Any way enjoy your day.

I vote for lobster too! What sort of foods do you like? It's important that you both enjoy your dinner. If I were to make a lobster dinner it would include sides of corn on the cob and potatoe salad. If you like steak, you could roast some new red potatoes as a side dish.

Oh my... so many good ideas. I don't know why steak escaped me. My hubby is such a huge steak fan and I could make him some shrimp too!!! Yummy! Oh and the roasted potatoes... I am getting hungary! Thanks for all of the good ideas! :eek:) Happy anniversary to you too, pdswife! It's so amazing how many ppl have anniversaries in July!

Thanks Nikkiev!
Not sure how we will celebrate yet but I'm sure it will be a day filled
with love and romance. : )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom