July 4, 2012 - Menu/Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roasted new potatoes, oven fried chicken breast, sauteed beet greens and steamed peas...

BBQ Chicken & Ribs, July 4th

and the last of the watermelon. (Harry I finally finished it off! :LOL:) Will probably buy another one tomorrow. It was a very tasty meal, was happy with that!
@rock,droool:yum:!that chicken looks so good.love anything in crumbs,how do you "oven fry"?i usually just flour/egg/crumb/fry....really need to know:)!
@s&p....perfection!
@cheryl...keep me updated C:wacko::LOL:!

Last edited:
I did a typical flour/wash/cornmeal coating with the chicken breast. Then I add a generous amount of olive oil to a pan, and place the pan of oil in a preheated oven(400). I let the oil heat up for about 3 or 4 minutes, then take it out and add the chicken so it starts to fry/sizzle. Then, I put it back in the oven. Depending on the size of the breasts I will flip them when the bottoms are nice and brown and finish them off. Usually takes about 30-40 minutes...Cornmeal can make a pretty hard crust, so I let it sit for a few minutes to let them soften up some.

I did a typical flour/wash/cornmeal coating with the chicken breast. Then I add a generous amount of olive oil to a pan, and place the pan of oil in a preheated oven(400). I let the oil heat up for about 3 or 4 minutes, then take it out and add the chicken so it starts to fry/sizzle. Then, I put it back in the oven. Depending on the size of the breasts I will flip them when the bottoms are nice and brown and finish them off. Usually takes about 30-40 minutes...Cornmeal can make a pretty hard crust, so I let it sit for a few minutes to let them soften up some.
you're a star rock!! fine,medium or coarse cornmeal? what do you use for the wash? egg,milk or buttermilk?

you're a star rock!! fine,medium or coarse cornmeal? what do you use for the wash? egg,milk or buttermilk?
Last night I used straight 10% coffee cream because we were almost out of milk, and fine cornmeal. I did a double breading, which means I put it back in the milk and cornmeal again, so the crust was pretty thick. I also seasoned the cornmeal with salt, and some bbq rub that I had done up in a bottle a while back. You could use whatever you want..

This chicken can be fairly dry if you leave it in too long. I like to serve mine with some kind of pickle or sauce. Last night I used a jarred garden antipasa, and some hot pickled eggplant to help it slide down better.

Last edited:
Last night I used straight 10% coffee cream because we were almost out of milk, and fine cornmeal. I did a double breading, which means I put it back in the milk and cornmeal again, so the crust was pretty thick. I also seasoned the cornmeal with salt, and some bbq rub that I had done up in a bottle a while back. You could use whatever you want..

This chicken can be fairly dry if you leave it in too long. I like to serve mine with some kind of pickle or sauce. Last night I used a jarred garden antipasa, and some hot pickled eggplant to help it slide down better.
fantastic! thanks rock

Greek salad skewers (feta, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, torn french bread, & vinaigrette dressing). Steak with chimichurri sauce, grilled corn on the cob with lime butter & grated parmesan cheese, red potato salad. Strawberry shortcakes for dessert.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom