July 4, 2012 - Menu/Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One smoked pork chop (these suckers are HUGE) on the grill, corn, mashed potatoes and salad.

our plans have changed. i found out that my company isn't going to allow anyone on the roof to watch the fireworks on the hudson, so we're gonna grill at home, hang by the pool, then go watch local fireworks.

lol, the come home and shoot off our own. i have saturn missiles, texas screamers, 4 and 8 oz. rockets - some with reports, some with colours, spanish butterflies, roman candles, short range smilies, and a few other things to appease my pyro soul.

i'm about to start building a firebox to make sure everything goes up, not sideways.

Last edited:
We are going up to our friends' house for grilled steaks and whatever sides she decides on. Then (unless it starts storming, which is a possibility) we will come down to our house to shoot off fireworks. They live in NC, where it is illegal to shoot off fireworks, and we live in SC, where it is legal. There is more room for everyone to eat at their house though, and their a/c is working and ours isn't. The temperature is supposed to get up to 100 by 6:00 p.m. It doesn't look at all like there will be a storm, but it didn't yesterday either, and there was a good-sized thunderstorm.

Made guacamole,salsa,beef heart skewers for appys and I am doing 2 dif kinds of Carne asada and Pollo asado tacos for dinner. I also grilled and marinated some squash and grilled some whole jalapenos. Margaritas and Negros are flowing!

Happy 4th all! Illegal fireworks to finish it all off!

Salads-
Thinly sliced cucumber with onion, dill, EVOO, and cider vinegar.
Leafy green; with red onion, thinly sliced red radishes and cucumber, topped with diced Manchego, sliced hard boiled duck eggs, croutons fried in garlic and EVOO, King Oscar anchovies, and dressed with lemon, EVOO, and oregano. Unfortunately we did not have any tomatoes to brighten up the salad. Hope to make up for that with a few glasses of cuvee rouge.

Happy July 4 to my Southern friends! It`s nice to see that you are all eating well on this special day.
It`s just another day here. Worked all day building a loft over a garage. Meat and taters tonight. Roasted new potatoes, oven fried chicken breast, sauteed beet greens and steamed peas...

We had snow crab legs with fresh cucumber refrigerator pickles and corn on the cob. Strawberries with angel food cake will be dessert.

Happy July 4 to my Southern friends! It`s nice to see that you are all eating well on this special day.
It`s just another day here. Worked all day building a loft over a garage. Meat and taters tonight. Roasted new potatoes, oven fried chicken breast, sauteed beet greens and steamed peas...

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 216
That looks really tasty. Looks even better on the big picture you can see if you click on that thumbnail.

Rocklobster, that breaded chicken looks so crispy and tasty. Salt and pepper....oh my....your grilled ribs and chicken look fabulous! Mmmm...snow crab legs...and justplainbill, that sounds like my kind of salad.

Looks like everyone is eating very well this evening! :yum: I was hoping to grill this afternoon with my daughter and son-in-law for the 4th, but he ended up having to work. Shame, because it's his birthday as well. Oh well, we will just do it another day very soon!

I went hunting in the fridge this afternoon and ended up wth a plate of various goodies. Celery sticks with sunflower seed butter, assorted pickles and olives, a plum, garlic toast, and the last of the watermelon. (Harry I finally finished it off! :LOL:) Will probably buy another one tomorrow. It was a very tasty meal, was happy with that!

The neighborhood backyard fireworks are starting. The little girls are jumpy probably from firecrackers all day too. I made grilled bone in chicken breasts and thighs, new potato salad with some podded peas and a sour cream tarragon dressing, green salads with parmesan dressing and we had pesto on baguettes for afternoon appies. Vanilla ice cream with Chocolate sauce and fresh raspberries for dessert.

I was going to have the salmon steak my hubby made for me and put it in a salad (we have had our first warm summer day of the year). Trouble is I went to the bakery and they had two for one cannollies and DH can't eat them so I was forced to and am now full so the salmon will have to wait until tomorrow! :pig:

here's hoping everybody's feast on the fourth was grand. The best of local produce and London broil on the grill with shrimp on the barbie too! Hard to beat this time of year.

enjoy

I was going to have the salmon steak my hubby made for me and put it in a salad (we have had our first warm summer day of the year). Trouble is I went to the bakery and they had two for one cannollies and DH can't eat them so I was forced to ! :pig:

those darn canadian cannoli laws, huh lp? it's illegal tto posess them for more than a few hours. i've heard about those. ;)

those darn canadian cannoli laws, huh lp? it's illegal tto posess them for more than a few hours. i've heard about those. ;)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Actually, Bucky, I was thinking more on the lines that it would be too tempting for him if he saw it in the fridge, but I like yours better! ;)

I got the bragging rights at the potluck I attended today. I did a six pound pork shoulder for pulled pork sandwiches, Peppertree Plantation sauce, and a big bowl of coleslaw, with my own dressing. The pulled pork was the first thing to run out, and I brought home less than half a pint of slaw.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom