Labor Day - Whatcha' All Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's an absolutely gorgeous day, so the grill will be very busy :) We're having grilled pork chops, couscous with grilled veggies and vinaigrette, grilled romaine hearts, and grilled peaches for dessert. And sangria. :chef:

Have a great day.

In between DVD-recording The Travel Channel's Anthony Bourdain marathon today, I'll be firing up the charcoal grill & grilling chicken with sides of macaroni salad, green salad, shoestring potatoes, corn on the cob, etc., etc.

Since it's about 110 deg out, eating indoors - plenty of leftovers from this meal:

BBQ sauced ribs (they came out great), cole slaw, corn on the cob (w lime and butter), mustard potato salad, layered pasta salad (bow ties, tomatoes, mushrooms, mozzarella chunks, black olives, Italian dressing, sprinkled w fresh-grated parmesan). Lots of fruit (always around here), grapes, cantaloupe, honeydew, strawberries. Cold crab salad, Sangria, lemon cheesecake and peach pie with vanilla ice cream sprinkled w cinnamin. Appies - guacamole with homemade tortilla chips and watermelon w balsamic & feta salad.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showpost.php?p=477717&postcount=13

Most of the ribs are gone... so cooking up some bacon, blue cheese, avocado burgers with lettuce and tomatoes. Need some more Sangria.

Last edited:
finally got a call to go out. Hit D.C. for happy hour, metro around and find something to do...more then likely Alero U, on U street.

I don't have to cook, YAY!

Heck, if I could get a goodly variety of decent fish around here, it certainly would be my favorite Labor Day cookout food - lol!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom