Mango Kiwi Shortcake w/ mango, habenero sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDP

Senior Cook
Hey folks I hope I"m doing this right it is my first time.... I just put together a new idea and had to share it with someone and thought this would be a good place. I'm hosting a BBQ this Sunday and have the brisket and pork butts smoked, will make the sides tomorrow and needed a dessert idea. My guests have high expectations when they come over so the pressure is on. After 2 days of contimplating here is what I came up with. Sorry I don't have exact measurements, but I don't cook that way.

Sauce:
1 ripe mango
juice from 1/2 lime
8 mint leaves
seeded habenro pepper to taste
real cinnamon to taste
blend in food processor

Filling:
1 chopped ripe mango
1 chopped ripe kiwi
chiffonade ( spelling?) 3 mint leaves
mix all

4 shorcakes ( I use bisquick)

Slice the shortcake, scoop filling in, top with other half of shortcake, spoon sauce over and top with whip cream or cool whip. Garnish with mint leaves and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

Life's too short to drink cheap wine and eat boring food,

JDP

I would love to taste that! I really like sweets that have a hint of hot.
(Probably why I enjoy dark chocolates that have chile pepper in them)

Hi Jkath,
I hope you try it. It's quick, easy, full flavored, and almost healthy. It is nice to here from you again.

Have a great and safe Labor Day,

JDP

It's just a fancy name for rolling the leaves together and then thinly slicing the package of leaves into very thin strips. Rolling them together simply saves time from doing one leaf at a time. The thin slices are more uniform than randomly chopping giving a nicer looking result and releasing a lot of flavor.

JDP

Back
Top Bottom