Menu For The 4th of July?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, the 4th is just more of an excuse to BBQ in our household as opposed to any sort of holiday deal, but we're gonna be doing:

My brisket (recipe can be found in the smoking forum)
2 kinds of ribs (cajun baby back and baby backs with a honey-mustard glaze)
German potato salad
Macaroni salad
Mustard potato salad
smoked corn on the cob with a honey-cayenne butter
bbq chicken with a marionberry-chipotle glaze
smoked hot dogs
grilled shrimp quesadillas
Elk burgers

For the liquid end of things...probably gonna make up a big thing of sangrias and for dessert I'm gonna be making grilled pineapple slices and plum kabobs with a cardamom sugar rub.

Got a lot going on...thankfully we've got 2 grills and 2 smokers to work with :)

Okay, I finally got the menu figured out -

appys include salsa verde dip, mexican caviar, italian appys, chips and dip, fresh veggies, cheese and crackers
ribs, potato cheese casserole, "fluff", and something else if I can figure it out by tomorrow
dessert will be brownies and dh is making homemade peppermint ice cream

I hope everyone has a great holiday - be safe but have fun!

Also for us in Italy, it will be either a day (or night, more precisely...) of celebration, or national day of mourning, but we will not find out which until about 23 tomorrow... wish us well!! (Germany vs. Italy in Dortmund at world cup semifinal... I know all the footies on this board are against us though...:( )

img_286256_0_0ad908a07fb1f2dde6a851efa6298163.gif

Last edited:
BBQ Brisket, potato salad, red beans, corn on the cobb, sliced tomato, garden onions, and plenty of cold beer....

later

Mish, those kabobs are a great idea!

Goodgiver, I hope you're drying out OK. We had a near miss--the basement window was bulging in with water but DH was able to run outside and bail us out in the dark. Hope what they're forcasting for today doesn't hit you. It looks like we're in for another wet one.:wacko:

If the weather holds and I can grill out we're having burgers, chili-lime chicken, corn, grilled veggies (tri-colored peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, mushrooms, onions) marinated in a simple evoo, S&P, and lemon juice. For dessert I made home-made vanilla ice cream with black raspberry sauce (berries from a local farm) and home-made mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Everyone's menus sound great and plenty. We only have 5 here so mine is much smaller. Grilled pork roast, grilled sirloin steak, salt roasted red-skinned potatoes, baked beans, romaine salad and for dessert a triple berry cobbler. Everything is on schedule.

Let's see it's gonna be hot, so I've gotten started already:) Appies: Marmaladys oven crisp lemon pepper wings, melon and proscuitto, salami cigars, filled with cream cheese and wrapped around a pepperoncini, olives, carrots,celery,cucumbers,radish,small green onions, with dip, nachos and chips and salsa. grilling were having corn,baby backs,brats, hamburgers stuffed with blue cheese,chili dogs, a potato salad, SierraCooks penne salad that's yummy and even better now that I've added the avocados:) fruit platter with honey and lime drizzled over it. Dessert, banana splits and lots of fire works:LOL:

kadesma have a wonderful day everyone:)

I am going to a friend's house at Donner Lake in Truckee for fireworks and a potluck BBQ. Usually there is a lots of food that everyone brings. I am bringing a macaroni salad and cajun sausages to grill.

Last edited:
goodgiver said:
well being from the East Coast that was hit so hard with the rain and with all the flooding going on we will not br having anything. First of all I need to find my grill and then I need to find my downstairs, I did manage to save my pictures and my computer. Right now I am on my friends. Oh yes by the way I did rescue our Jack Russell and our generic cat Tiger and my Hubby.SO YOU ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE HOLIDAY WHILE WE ALL SHOVEL MUD.

I feel your pain goodgiver, as I have lots of family & friends left on the East Coast in PA, CT and Maine. I wish you could of sent some of that rain my way since we are battling wildfires out here in AZ :( It's 104 at 1:30 PM today and I have to start the grill soon for a BBQ~~~~maybe I can just wrap everything in foil and put it in the street???? :ROFLMAO:

We're doing the usual thing....Angus burgers, dogs, corn on the cob, red potato salad, three bean marinated salad and Rhode Island Clam Chowda!

Trish

Trishness said:
.... I wish you could of sent some of that rain my way since we are battling wildfires out here in AZ :( .....

I hope that all goes well with the wildfires in AZ. We have sent some firefighters from California down your way. Maybe you will get some summer monsoonal weather as long as it doesn't bring lightning with it, to start more wildfires. Good luck and take care.

Here is a website that is good for getting information on wildfires nationwide.

Incident Management Situation Report

Happy Birthday America!

I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July! Today, our menu was delicious and we shared it with my BIL and his girlfriend at home then went to see our fireworks display in the evening. Our menu was bbq chicken with Hawaiian bbq sauce, bbq sirloin steak wrapped in bacon topped with chipotle bbq sauce, potato salad, Spanish rice, charro beans with bacon, cilantro, onions, garlic and "habanero" peppers, green salad with cherry tomatoes, and chocolate mousse topped with fresh strawberries...can't get any better than this.

went to my Mom & Dad's, Dad roasted chicken on his rotissore/grill, w/ my Mom's baked beans, 2 kinds of potato salad cause my Brother & his girlfriend don't like the same one my Mom & i prefer, alcohol, & for dessert i fixed 2 fancy fruit platters- fanned strawberries, blueberries, red/greengrapes, cherries, mango, whitepeach, yellow& grn. kiwifuit, nectarine, Granny smith apples, red apples, pariessienes of canteloupe, starfruit, fancy orange slices, pineapple, pear....
also cubed angel food cake w/ a fanned strawberry for decor, w/ caramel dips & la creme yogurt w/ almond extract.

Mom & i went & watched a grand finale in the rain, then trudged my suitcases & such up to my apt.

Happy 4th, my dear pals.:flowers:

Last edited:
I have read all the e-mails on this topic and there is going to be some good
food shared this day. my next door neighbor picked a dozen ears of corn
this morning and brought it over, so we are haveing the all american
hamburger, potato salad, green salad, corn on the cob, for dessert we are
having apricot cobbler with ice cream (homemade), on this day I would
like to wish everybody no matter what country your from peace and good
will. good health. God bless you all.

Well, we ended up with some mighty-large thunderbuster storms - heavy rain, wind, & dangerous sky-to-ground lightning. Not to mention it was hotter than heck here (temps hit 99 + humidity).

So. . . . my turkey kabobs ended up cooked under the broiler - but they were still good. A couple of Margheritas softened the sting of not being able to cook outdoors - lol!!

Back
Top Bottom