"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking

Old 07-04-2006, 04:24 PM   #31
Master Chef

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishness
.... I wish you could of sent some of that rain my way since we are battling wildfires out here in AZ .....
I hope that all goes well with the wildfires in AZ. We have sent some firefighters from California down your way. Maybe you will get some summer monsoonal weather as long as it doesn't bring lightning with it, to start more wildfires. Good luck and take care.

Here is a website that is good for getting information on wildfires nationwide.

Incident Management Situation Report

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:55 PM   #32
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Happy Birthday America!

I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July! Today, our menu was delicious and we shared it with my BIL and his girlfriend at home then went to see our fireworks display in the evening. Our menu was bbq chicken with Hawaiian bbq sauce, bbq sirloin steak wrapped in bacon topped with chipotle bbq sauce, potato salad, Spanish rice, charro beans with bacon, cilantro, onions, garlic and "habanero" peppers, green salad with cherry tomatoes, and chocolate mousse topped with fresh strawberries...can't get any better than this.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:17 AM   #33
Master Chef

went to my Mom & Dad's, Dad roasted chicken on his rotissore/grill, w/ my Mom's baked beans, 2 kinds of potato salad cause my Brother & his girlfriend don't like the same one my Mom & i prefer, alcohol, & for dessert i fixed 2 fancy fruit platters- fanned strawberries, blueberries, red/greengrapes, cherries, mango, whitepeach, yellow& grn. kiwifuit, nectarine, Granny smith apples, red apples, pariessienes of canteloupe, starfruit, fancy orange slices, pineapple, pear....
also cubed angel food cake w/ a fanned strawberry for decor, w/ caramel dips & la creme yogurt w/ almond extract.

Mom & i went & watched a grand finale in the rain, then trudged my suitcases & such up to my apt.

Happy 4th, my dear pals.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:17 AM   #34
Assistant Cook

I have read all the e-mails on this topic and there is going to be some good
food shared this day. my next door neighbor picked a dozen ears of corn
this morning and brought it over, so we are haveing the all american
hamburger, potato salad, green salad, corn on the cob, for dessert we are
having apricot cobbler with ice cream (homemade), on this day I would
like to wish everybody no matter what country your from peace and good
will. good health. God bless you all.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:27 AM   #35
Master Chef

Well, we ended up with some mighty-large thunderbuster storms - heavy rain, wind, & dangerous sky-to-ground lightning. Not to mention it was hotter than heck here (temps hit 99 + humidity).

So. . . . my turkey kabobs ended up cooked under the broiler - but they were still good. A couple of Margheritas softened the sting of not being able to cook outdoors - lol!!