"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking
Old 05-05-2009, 07:46 PM   #11
Assistant Cook
What a great idea, and as said above, she will really appreciate it if she doesn't apy for it later:) I guess the menu really depends on her likes/dislikes. For me it would just be coffee because I can't eat right after I wake up. The casserole is a great idea because you can add all of her favorites, and then get creative with the side/dessert. Hope she enjoys!

People say I have ADHD but I think they are all full of....ooh look, a kitty!!
VanReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:10 PM   #12
Senior Cook
I would definitely pick and choose based on what your wife likes. My hubby knows me well enough to know that I would reeeeealllllllyyyy love one of two things:

A. Eggs Benedict with a side of fruit (melon, strawberries, whatever else looks fresh at the grocery store). Cook my eggs runny and give me plenty of hollandaise--special day .

B. Western Omelet with a side of old-fashioned toast (put the pats of "real" butter on the bread and then broil it). I will eat toaster toast, but I love the old-fashioned toast from the broiler--special day .

Just think about what she would make for herself is she wasn't faced with pleasing everyone else. And......you must be a pretty good hubby because you are thinking about and planning a nice Mother's Day before the night before .

Cooksie is offline   Reply With Quote