Mother's Day Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StirBlue

Head Chef
Many Mother's Day Celebrations start with a traditional breakfast (whatever is traditional for your family), maybe some family pictures (digital camera style). If your family is living far away, maybe it starts with Mom giving you a wake up call! LOL
Mother's Day is all about family and fun. Sometimes the men will grill but sometimes Mom does.
Some families like to meet at a restaurant for a big dinner.
When it Rains on Mother's Day, out come the meatloaf sandwiches sometimes in the garage with lawn chairs, the family room with the curtains open, or we all hide under the tent canopy with silly umbrellas.
What are your Mother's Day Plans?

The usual. Just Buck and me. Our 5 children live anywhere from Los Angeles to Washington, D.C. and everywhere in between, so my Mother's Day will most likely be acknowledged through cards and phone calls. I've kinda gotten used to celebrating this way. The last time any of the children were around for Mother's Day was over 14 years ago.

Buck usually makes sure I get cards and gifts from my kitty children, though.

When my son called from around the globe Saturday, I said "Happy Mother's Day." The charm in that laughter will last a life time right now! I just put a Mother's Day cake in the freezer for the other one. Maybe I should tape a recipe for meatloaf on the top! :LOL:

Paul and I go on our first camping trip of the year on Mother's day. We're in the woods together. No celebration. David will call ( if he remembers a few days later).

Well, seeing that my DH is the GM of a very popular/busy local restaurant I will be home alone that day. My kids are both in the restaurant/hospitality biz so I imagine that they will be busy as well. If it's a pretty day I'll probably work in the garden then justify that hard work with the reward of a bowl of pasta!

I have been invited to my MIL's house. She and her daughter have probably planned something already - they'll tell me what to bring.

My son always gets me a nova salmon, cream cheese, red onion, capers, everything bagel for breakfast. I LOVE it! :)

We don't always have a big Mother's Day celebration since our daughter and her family were cross country for several years and our son was away at school and then working in the same area. However last year we were fortunate enough to celebrate with our son and this year with both of them and their families, and also with my mother who is almost 90. We are going to the farm and all of them will be there. I'm doing a rib roast and also roasting a chicken. I can't think of a better way to celebrate than to have them all present.

Trying to juggle schedules will be difficult. Hopefully we can come up with a plan either before or after the day. Probably after. DW's birthday falls in there real close, so it will a combo celebration of sorts. Time to start planning for sure!

My son peek around the corner of the kitchen Sunday and asked for the meatloaf recipe! :)

I am encouraging him to plan a tailgate party for Saturday (May 12th). He has friends who are graduating and friends who work on Sunday.

Last year he was working at a restaurant on Mother's Day. I buzzed in and had lunch with him.

It's not all about Mothers; it's about families.

My boys live 12 hrs away so I usually receive a present and the phone calls. I miss them so much.

Stir Blue, you are so right, it IS about families!

My girls and I are going to a tea at a Victorian Mansion..We've gone several times and it is a delight. They have everything set up with beautiful tea cups and smal plates, tea pots with cozies, tiny sandwiches and sweets.Each table has beautiful flowes and you can just feel and imagine how it use to be as the servers move about the room in victorian dress. This year will be special as last year because we lost my mother we decided to just put this on hold. Now, Miss Olivia will be joining us and I can hardly wait. I bought her a new outfit to wear,new shoes, fancy ruffled socks and a darling little hat, the hat of course will last all of 10 seconds, but maybe we can get a picture of her in it:LOL: Here is to all mothers you all are special.

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom