Murder Party?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FraidKnot

Washing Up
My brother and I were roommates back in the 1980's and he got a murder party game available on a diskette. Now, keep in mind, back in those days we're talking a 5-1/4 inch floppy :rolleyes: but yes, I remember the 8 inch platter thing and I learned programming on punch cards. Used to make wreaths out of those punch cards.

Anyway, my brother and I hosted a murder party. We printed out character descriptions, issued the invitations and assigned everyone a persona. The premise was we'd just attended the funeral of my fiance who was killed by someone in the room. We had snack food on the table and drinks in the kitchen. It was great fun!

I dropped a bloody note in the kitchen (okay, it was a painted crumbled up ball of paper with a little clue written on it) when everyone got up to refresh their drinks. No one figured out it was me! Sneaky wench, aren't I?

This was great fun and I think everyone here would enjoy doing something similar. Heh, I got to dress up in my fancy black dress and wear faux diamonds because I was the rich *****. And we had some good appetizers, chips, dip and all that stuff you are supposed to do (I think?) when you attend a house after the funeral. Unless you're in the midwestern U.S., then they serve what is called a "hotdish" :)

Murder parties are fun. Try one sometime!

Fraidy

We did one a loooooooong time ago - reserved a Sunday brunch time - lasted until about 4:00 in the afternoon - mimosas, eggs benedict, bloody mary's - the works! It was GREAT fun!

Murder parties were very popular here about 10 or so years ago... I hosted 4 or 5... somehow they have gone out of fashion.... but they were great fun.

My wife and I attended one as guests and hosted two ourselves. They were great fun, but like stated previously, seem to have unfortunately gone out of style. We did one that had a 50's rock 'n roll theme, and another that was set in the roaring 20's. Both were boxed games in the series called "How to Host a Murder" (I think - something like that), and included a comlete menu (with recipes) that followed the theme of the evening's mystery. The dishes all allowed for pre-prep so all that was necessary was to pop things in the oven at the right time (also in the script). :)

We were invited to one years ago. It was a blast. We got our assigned characters and did our best to live up to it. I was a "red-hot-momma" type on a riverboat. Hubby was the riverboat captain. It was great. Husband actually had muttonchop sideburns to do the part (he already had a beard that he wanted to shave, so the timing was perfect). The only negative, if you want to call it that, was that we, after the fact, learned that one of the charactors was supposed to have a sword walking stick. He didn't have a walking stick period. The irony is that hubby owns a sword walking stick! Anyway, I agree ... do it! FUN!!

I have to say I like theme parties, period. We entertain a lot, and truly love people who enter into the spirit of things rather than people who are "coool". Most of our parties are just impromptu get-togethers. But when you're included in a great party, come on and go for it.

Given that today is Halloween, a Murder Party last weekend would have been quite fitting. I like costumes in general :) It's too bad they seem to have gone out of style. But, as with those raggedy bell-bottom jeans, hip-huggers and tie-dyed t-shirts, hopefully they'll pop back up again.

The murder party we held was in the house my brother and I rented. I do recall a number of years back there were places you could rent (or reserve, like Claire's riverboat) for parties like this.

Fraidy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom