Need advice on menu planning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparkly77

Cook
I'm cooking for 6 of us next week, and am making quiche for the main dish with some sort of salad as a side. The thing is, two of the guys coming (BIL and his best friend), are very active guys who are consequently big eaters (to give you an idea, their hobbies include spear fishing, hiking, swimming and that sort of thing).

I'm making a dessert, possibly one of the suggestions on DC (another thread of mine), like a key lime pie or cobbler or something substantial like that.

My question is, should I include some other type of dish with the main as fillers to make sure these two fellas don't go home hungry, or make another quiche? It wouldn't bother me to make another quiche as they're pretty easy, and it's my BIL's favourite dish, but I kind of think it would be more interesting to have something different......unless I do one vegetarian quiche and one with meat of some sort? If YOU were coming to my dinner party, what would you want?

Just after a bit of advice, would love to hear your thoughts :chef:

Maybe another quiche or a pasta dish that would complement what you have already planned. Also, if they are like a lot of guys, bread, lots of bread!

:)Barbara

Maybe another quiche or a pasta dish that would complement what you have already planned. Also, if they are like a lot of guys, bread, lots of bread!

Ah yes, bread, that's quite a good idea. I make a nice homemade wholewheat bread so perhaps I could whip one of those up. And you reminded me, I make a nice pesto pasta salad that always goes down well, I could do that too (I make the pesto from scratch too, it's delicious).

Thank you for that!

You're welcome! It all sounds so good that I wish I could be there to help out (with the eating at least!). Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom