Need help with graduation party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikki

Sous Chef
I'm planning a graduation party for my daughter and could use some suggestions on the menu, here is what has been suggested by family and friends.
Beef on weck
Hamburgs and Hot Dogs
Cheese Potatoes
Potatoe salad
Macorini salad
Fruit bowl
Veggie tray
Chips and Pretzels
Pop

I'm trying to make it as easy as possible and as inexpensive as possible.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.;)

Hi, mikki. That sounds like a pretty complete menu. Were you looking for suggestions for recipes for some of these, like the salads, or did you want more ideas for things to include?

I've never planned a party this big before 100+ people, so I'm not sure if that is enough of a menu. If it is great if not what more should I include. I forgot there will be a sheet cake also.
Thanks

Your menu sounds very good, but if you didn't want to cook hamburgers and hot dogs, - you could always get a bnls ham chipped or sliced thin for sandwiches on buns. Easy! Also, cole slaw would also be good.

Last edited:
Ah, I didn't realize it was going to be such a large party :) You could also have a big pan of baked beans - I went to a grad party a couple of years ago and the hostess used those big aluminum pans used for catering, filled with baked beans, salads, etc. For that many people, you might want to have extra veggies and fruit ready in the fridge to replenish the trays as the party goes on. I'd also have some lemonade in case there are people who don't drink soft drinks.

Thanks for the help, I just might do ham or bbq pork sandwhiches instead of dogs and burgers. Good idea about the lemonade. I'm sure I'll be posting more questions as the date gets closer. Thanks again for all the help

mikki said:
I'm planning a graduation party for my daughter and could use some suggestions on the menu, here is what has been suggested by family and friends.
Beef on weck
Hamburgs and Hot Dogs
Cheese Potatoes
Potatoe salad
Macorini salad
Fruit bowl
Veggie tray
Chips and Pretzels
Pop

I'm trying to make it as easy as possible and as inexpensive as possible.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.;)

If you are planning on grilling outdoors, pork chops and brats might reduce your budget. You can usually buy brats bulk as some stores make their own.
You could have a bowl of whole strawberries for your fruit bowl. Yum. You might want to scratch the veggie tray and go with a relish tray. You can save money by just having regular chips and corn chips. Kids live on bottled water these days so you can do a case of water and a few litres of soda, cola and lemon-lime.

I didn't know what the beef item is that you listed. If you think that you will need more food, you can save by making kebabs and you can use chicken.

Congratulations to you and your graduate!!!

You can also do a "build your own sandwich tray" Have 2 or 3 deli meats sliced thin with 2 kinds of cheese and small yeast rolls or whatever type of bread you like. Include mustard and mayo in side dishes and basic vegetables. Goes over great at caterings and it is cheap to make.

My daughters a few years back -- I didn't want to have to worry about b'qing.
I made zita with hot sauage , had a crockpot of little meatball and cocktail wieners mixed with equal amounts of grape jelly and chile sauce, another crock pot of kapusta, baked beans, mac and potato salad, chef salad, relish plate, italian bread. It was a hit
all easy to make ahead and then set it out and help themselves.

Back
Top Bottom