Need help with reception Ideas meats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janetGood

Cook
My mom is having a wedding reception in July and would like to have chicken wings and meatballs, we have all the sides decided but if anyone knows of an easy way with chicken wings, meatballs or anything that comes to mind please give your ideas. It will all be done the day before and just heated up the day of. Thanks, Janet:ermm:

One of the easiest things with meatballs ( and tasty too) is to make them up as usual, bake them. Use equal parts of chili sauce and grape jelly as the sauce. Heat the sauce and add the meatballs. Serve with toothpicks or small skewers.

licia said:
One of the easiest things with meatballs ( and tasty too) is to make them up as usual, bake them. Use equal parts of chili sauce and grape jelly as the sauce. Heat the sauce and add the meatballs. Serve with toothpicks or small skewers.
licia you took the words right out of my mouth, seriously! We make this all the time and people cannot get enough of them. The crockpot is a great way to make these. Just through everything in and let em cook as long as you like. It doesn't matter because they will all be gone within 10 minutes of putting them out :chef:

Where are you having the reception? I personally like to marinate chicken wings in hot sauce, then cook them out over charcoal. Very easy, and you can do lots pretty quickly. In the winter I bake them. Then I use Ranch Valley dry mix, mayo and either yogurt or buttermilk (love that tang) ... half of it I leave as is, the other half I crumble blue cheese into. Something for everyone. Add celery and carrots, and you're in business. You could grill the wings before hand, then reheat in a hot oven for a short period of time (say, 450 for 10 min) to finish them. To make your veggies different, buy the fattest carrots you can find, then cut them into chips -- sliced on a diagonal, they'll dip really well and look different from the sticks most usually have. Add other veggies to the mix, and you can combine the wings with the vegetable/dip platter with a difference.

i'm another fan of the grape jelly/chili sauce meatballs. they're good cocktail meatballs.

Thanks for all the Ideas, we will be doing some tasty tests to get it all down. I like that jelly chili sauce idea sounds tangy and not to spicy. I think we will grill the chicken drummies in advance then freeze them, I like the idea of the grilled taste for summer it will be outside.

Back
Top Bottom