Need vegetable side ideas for Xmas eve dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhaller26

Assistant Cook
I am responsible for Christmas eve dinner for the first time. I am already marinating a leg of lamb to be grilled and I have a potato recipe that is a family favorite, but I am still trying to find a good vegetable side dish. I could really use suggestions of a creative recipe that is light enough to help balance out the two heavier parts of the meal. Ideas please? URLs to actual recipes would be GREATLY appreciated.

Fresh green beans sautéed with craisins and chopped bacon. Yum!! Just not too heavy on the bacon or it won't be light lol

carrots and turnips (steamed or nukes together) hashed roughly are delish and so simple...finish with a bit of butter and parsley.

I am responsible for Christmas eve dinner for the first time. I am already marinating a leg of lamb to be grilled and I have a potato recipe that is a family favorite, but I am still trying to find a good vegetable side dish. I could really use suggestions of a creative recipe that is light enough to help balance out the two heavier parts of the meal. Ideas please? URLs to actual recipes would be GREATLY appreciated.

I love the combo you are preparing, and my favorite green veggie for it is sauteed spinach with garlic. If you purchase the triple washed baby spinach, there is little to do except chop up several cloves of garlic ahead of time. Then, just as the guests are sitting down to eat, bring out a large saute pan and heat it up. When it's warm, film it with good olive oil and put in the spinach. Add the garlic on top (you don't want it to burn!) a big pinch of good coarse sea salt and a few grinds of fresh black pepper. Stir with a wooden spoon until the spinach wilts down. Splash on a bit of balsamic vinegar and put it in a dish to serve. Voila! :yum:

Back
Top Bottom