New Year's Eve menu planning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't tell you how pleased I was with this solution - no one said anything about a spittoon but a couple of folks asked about the cool crockery ham rack :) That pic was taken before the ham went out on the table but at the end of the night it looked almost as good (although not as tall). Despite many hours of guests helping them selves, it was still pretty tidy looking. Usually when I put a spiral cut ham out (on it's side) it's a mess of pieces and crumbs at the end of the evening.

That old spittoon has been holding pens on my desk for years and this worked so well that I am seriously considering cruising ebay for another in a more neutral color.

I was thinking the same thing Janet. There's lots of them on ebay....the white ones look very nice to me.

ceramic spitoon | eBay

Lol - I was just looking as well. I notice that many have rounded bottoms and I think they would not be as stable with a top heavy load. But there are some nice ones as well. Mine says hall on the bottom and is 4 1/2 inches tall and about 7 wide. The top edge and bottom are the same width. The hole is about 4.25 inches. Having the sloped sides and wide base seem to make it stable. Also worth noting that the hole could have been a little smaller and it might have worked even better.

I saw some nice glass ones as well.... this one would match a ham nicely Vintage Orange Carnival Glass Ladies Spittoon Marigold Gorgeous

I didn't have to do much planning - I was solo for dinner. Kay didn't feel like coming over as she has been sick with the same bug I had, and TB was working.

I ended up with a salami/havarti/sprouts/cucumber sandwich with pretzel crisps and dip. It was very tasty!:)

Back
Top Bottom