New Year's Eve menu planning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just thought of another one. This recipe from Sunset magazine says it's from 1971, and I'm pretty sure we've been making this about that long. It also says bake in a cast iron pan, but we use a glass pan, or else don't let them sit in the CI pan overnight.

Artichoke Bars / Nibbles/ Frittata -- call it what you like, I call it good!

Artichoke Nibbles Recipe | MyRecipes.com

Last edited:
I just thought of another one. This recipe from Sunset magazine says it's from 1971, and I'm pretty sure we've been making this about that long. It also says bake in a cast iron pan, but we use a glass pan, or else don't let them sit in the CI pan overnight.

A huge thanks for that Whiska! This low carb gal is forever thankful for such a treat to bring the new year in!!

Added to my rotation, too!

Ooh! We have a big jar of Costco artichoke hearts! Thanks, Whiska!

OK - So...

Blackeyed peas
Tapinade tarte
Ham rolls
Hummus and dip-ables
Popcorn - endless supply
candycane meringues
Corn bread
Deviled eggs
holiday cookies and candy (gotta get them out of the house)

We have a big crowd coming and I think they will likely fill in the rest.

Next problem - how to hold up the ham. I have a spiral sliced 11 lb ham and need to have it on a platter so folks can make their own rolls. I have no ham rack but I do have one of these and think it would balance the ham perfectly:

ham.jpg

Question: Do you think anyone would be offended? It hasn't been in use in decades and is an antique....

Last edited:
Oh - even worse but I think this is a spittoon. It's been holding pens on my desk for several decades now ;)

Slaps forehead... Of course it's a spittoon!

The spit probably dried up a few years ago too...

This sounds good. You had me at artichokes. :yum: Thank you for sharing Whisk, will definitely try this!

Next problem - how to hold up the ham. I have a spiral sliced 11 lb ham and need to have it on a platter so folks can make their own rolls. I have no ham rack but I do have one of these and think it would balance the ham perfectly:

View attachment 24088

Question: Do you think anyone would be offended? It hasn't been in use in decades and is an antique....

Just a report on this - worked like a charm!

Attachments

• DSC_0194.jpg
    DSC_0194.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 168
Looks great. Was anyone offended?

I finally understand the point of spiral cutting a ham. :rolleyes:

Hee hee! It's practically a law that you have to serve ham biscuits at any gathering in the South (large parts of it, anyway). A spiral-sliced ham is much easier to serve this way.

That looks just perfect Janet! I doubt anyone but you knew it was a spittoon unless you told them. To me it looks like something made for such a ham from some fancy "Crate and Barrel" type place.

That looks so nice Janet, and it looks like it was the perfect size. I love the color, too. :)

Back
Top Bottom