New year's menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today, New Year's Eve, is munchies (international):

chicken and cheese quesadillas, salsa, guacamole
meatballs in marinara
vegetable dumplings in honey soy
cupcakes

Tomorrow is lunch at the in-law's: roast pork and sides

Welcome to DC, LoveSweets.

For New Years Eve, the menu is:

Crostini with a creamy, buttery cheese topped with cranberry-walnut compote' or pecan-apple compote'

Steamed lobster w/drawn butter and a corn niblet

Petite filets of beef seared on each side in browned butter with twice-baked potato

Salad

Italian cake with bananas and butter-rum sauce

Frank is making the dinner for New Years Day.

Hope next year brings peace, health, happiness, and prosperity to everyone!

~Kathleen

I've got oyster stew and New England Boiled Dinner. I won't have to cook for a while.

Reuben's sounds good for tomorrow.

The only substitution I made was bok choy instead of green cabbage.

Well due to popular demand:

The roast and Yorkshire pudding stay, but the potatoes are escalloped au gratin, the spinach is creamed, there will be roasted tomatoes, and the jus has become Cabernet mushroom sauce. luckily a lot is make this morning and stick in tonight :)

Happy New Year all, diets to follow :chef:
2AM the guests are home safely, the kitchen is clean, the second run of the dishwasher is going...an awesome meal. Hopefully I will have a few pics of the event.

Happy New Year all :chef:

Sides of pickles, smoked salmon, Jannson's Temptation (Jansson's Fritstelse), pork roast (in the crock pot--apples, raisins, cider, caraway, onions),rodkaal.

Last edited:
Last night we had sweet Italian sausages with sauteed onions and red & green peppers and macaroni salad on the side. Then later we snacked on cheese, crackers and Saxonburg bologna.

For this evening, since I could not find a standing pork roast anywhere ("Pork roast with the bones? We don't carry that. We have boneless pork loin.")

We are having boneless pork loin with sauerkraut, roasted brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes, and gravy (if there are enough drippings from the pork loin to make a gravy).

Last edited:
New Year's White Lasagna

So many dishes sounding yummy. Last night, husband and I had some family over, and we served a white lasagna. Got the recipe from a Maine Junior League cookbook in the late 1980s. Rich and caloric and very, very tasty: noodles, a parmesan bechamel, chicken, proscuitto, rosemary, taragon, nutmeg....ummmm. I had to freeze the leftovers so I wouldn't dive in again tonight. :LOL:

So many dishes sounding yummy. Last night, husband and I had some family over, and we served a white lasagna. Got the recipe from a Maine Junior League cookbook in the late 1980s. Rich and caloric and very, very tasty: noodles, a parmesan bechamel, chicken, proscuitto, rosemary, taragon, nutmeg....ummmm. I had to freeze the leftovers so I wouldn't dive in again tonight. :LOL:

Could you please post that recipe for white lasagna, Girl? It sounds just wonderful !!

We went out for Sushi last night at our favorite place. We got there when it opened, and good thing, as an hour later there were at least 20 people waiting for a table.

We had a small buffet today. Oven Beef stew, shrimp, pesto and pickled cherry tomatoes to spread on baguette slices, veggies and dips, devilled eggs, spinach dip in a bread bowl, smoked salmon roll-ups, rice pudding, 2 kinds of cupcakes, leftover christmas cookies. There must be somethings else I'm forgetting, as the spread filled the table and sweets were set on the buffet. Coffee, wine, soda pop.

I'm full, and everyone's gone home now. We always make too much. Lunch and Dinners are pretty well covered in a mix and match sort of way for the next few days!

Oh...

We need a burping icon.. :cool:

And I am now waiting on dessert.
Here ya go Frank

img_1091589_0_ebf6c1c474b1ae924ef70b6470545d5b.gif

Will Homemade Lemon Merigue pie do?

img_1091589_1_b650e7e4fc30d4987266124af36fb209.jpg

Back
Top Bottom