Papa's Day plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy Father's day to all you wonderful men out there. So many really great dads on our site! I hope you all get treated like rock stars and you LET your family spoil you!

I was listening to the news and they were saying that Mom's get treated better then Dad's do on their special days. That might be true, but I think its because Dads are more modest and don't like all the attention!!

Happy Father's day to all you wonderful men out there. So many really great dads on our site! I hope you all get treated like rock stars and you LET your family spoil you!

I was listening to the news and they were saying that Mom's get treated better then Dad's do on their special days. That might be true, but I think its because Dads are more modest and don't like all the attention!!

I know my Dad is like that, hates the fanfare. So, I am happy to wait for a few days before he gets his present...let's him think I have forgotten.

Happy Father's Day everyone! Now for Shrek's pancakes.

We don't get together for Father's Day. My older daughter and grandson celebrate with my SIL. My younger daughter is away for the weekend with friends. They make Fathers Day phone calls and that's fine. SO's daughter in FL calls and she and her kids all wish Grampy Andy a happy Father's Day.

SO and I enjoy each other's company. I'm grilling ribeyes for dinner tonight and that's all I need.

Thank G-d we did not go out for breakfast, instead we had bagels with chive cream cheese and lox, plus veggies. Yum.

I got quite a nice surprise this morning. The girls made me eggs benedict for breakfast, including hollandaise sauce from scratch. Impressive!

img_1275263_0_16c677b99cdf0374e61a27ef5a3e74f8.jpg

Looks delicious, Steve! Enjoy your day!

I got quite a nice surprise this morning. The girls made me eggs benedict for breakfast, including hollandaise sauce from scratch. Impressive!

img_1275408_0_16c677b99cdf0374e61a27ef5a3e74f8.jpg

oh man, steve, impressive indeed! i was just watching "master chef" from last wednesday's airing, and they made eggs benedict. your's looks like it would have impressed all three judges. :yum:

yeah, well, my plans fell through due to modesty, lol. :ermm:

no kids to play baseball at the field, so we just played it on the wii, and then wiffle ball in the back yard.

but then when it came to dinner time, i chose the steakhouse, and dw and my boy chose sushi.

guess where we went? :neutral:

i'll take myself out for father's day to the steakhouse later in the week. :angel:

oh man, steve, impressive indeed! i was just watching "master chef" from last wednesday's airing, and they made eggs benedict. your's looks like it would have impressed all three judges. :yum:
Tom, I wish I could take credit for it but my wife and daughter did all the work. The only thing I did was offer a little advice on poaching the eggs (the old vinegar in the water trick). Considering neither of them cook all that much, I was totally blown away that they made hollandaise from scratch.

I'm pretty sure they got the idea from Master Chef. We were watching it the other night and I mentioned that it had been a long time since I last had eggs benedict.

I hate my new phone, I was going to post couple of pics from yesterday, but cannot figure out how to do that from the phone. iPhone was just so much easier.

...Considering neither of them cook all that much, I was totally blown away that they made hollandaise from scratch....

I never knew hollandaise sauce was supposed to be hard to make when I first made it. My Mom's old Betty Crocker "New Picture Cook Book" (c. 1961) said it's just a bit tricky since it's not thickened with flour. OK, I can do that! Their two rules: Keep the heat really low and Stir briskly all the time. Three ingredients, less than 10 minutes, and leftovers reheat fine with a splash of water added. My biggest problem is trying to remember to use up the leftover egg whites.

BTW, does anyone else use asparagus when they make Eggs Benny? Somewhere I learned to lay two lightly steamed spears atop the eggs before you pour the sauce. Even though Himself gets tired of asparagus quickly he complained when the spears weren't on his order the time his sis treated us to brunch at the Red Lion Inn. :LOL:

I never knew hollandaise sauce was supposed to be hard to make when I first made it. My Mom's old Betty Crocker "New Picture Cook Book" (c. 1961) said it's just a bit tricky since it's not thickened with flour. OK, I can do that! Their two rules: Keep the heat really low and Stir briskly all the time. Three ingredients, less than 10 minutes, and leftovers reheat fine with a splash of water added. My biggest problem is trying to remember to use up the leftover egg whites.
I realize that some of us consider things like hollandaise to be only a bit tricky. But keep in mind that until about three months ago Mrs. K's idea of cooking was putting hot dogs in the microwave. That was when I broke my ankle and she stepped up to do most of the cooking while I recouped.

So I thought her hollandaise was quite an accomplishment. In the past, she would've preferred to reach for a pouch of powdered mix than to separate and whip egg yolks by hand. She's become a lot more confident in the kitchen and seems to be having fun doing it. I think that's great!

It is great, Steve! Hopefully you don't have to break your other ankle to keep getting such nice meals!

...keep in mind that until about three months ago Mrs. K's idea of cooking was putting hot dogs in the microwave. That was when I broke my ankle and she stepped up to do most of the cooking while I recouped....

It is great, Steve! Hopefully you don't have to break your other ankle to keep getting such nice meals!

Steve, hopefully with success comes more interest. Maybe some nights you could cook together? Who knows what dessert might be...:ohmy: :blush:

Dawg, laughing a pound off thanks to you! Best. Diet. Ever.

Back
Top Bottom