Papa's Day plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
anyone have any father's day plans for this sunday?

i have to work (as usual), but i want to head to the shore by noon and go out fluke or stripers/blues fishing.

dw is balking at that. she wants me to either turn down the work shift, or just get some sleep. she knows that i'll go and go until i crash cause i tend to live my life like a race car without brakes.

but it's daddy's day, so i think i should get to choose. :mrgreen:

if we do go down the shore, we'll go for japanese teppanyaki afterwards, then off to the batting cages next door.

i've been hitting 75mph pretty well, so i'll tip the kids that run it to crank it up to 85 or so. :wacko:

my boy hits 45 mph well, so he's ready for 55. we'll see. he keeps stepping in the bucket, opening his hips up too soon in order to get a better look at pitches. it's a really common mistake for little guys.

anywho, what are you planning, cooking, or eating this sunday, father's day?

Last edited:
I agree with your wife. Take the day off, grab the old man and head down to Belmar or Point Pleasant and go catch some Blues & Stripers! I miss thoughs days. Being in MT is a long way from my old stomping grounds!

I work. Probably sell a ton of steaks at the deli. My son and daughter both work so I'll get the obligatory phone call, or text:LOL:. That's cool, though. I see them a lot throughout the year. I will pick up my youngest daughter when I get done around 2 and probably come home and have a veal chop with a bottle of Chianti and some loud music.

Ah we share a Papas Day ? This side of the pond I am cooking up a Jamie Oliver Persian lamb recipe . Hubby will be relaxing he is good at that and it's my sons first Fathers Day , we have a small lively granddaughter now .:)

Ken gets to pick dinner here. He's still in the decision mode so I'll post when he decides.

That's this Saturday? Well...I guess I better hurry up and figure out what I'm getting for my Dad...the hardest person in the world to buy for.

Saturday is my 40th wedding anniversary and Sunday is Father's Day. Saturday I plan on griiling some Chicken legs I picked up pre marinated at the Mexican market. Sunday we may trek a hike or hit the coast then come home and make some grilled Korean ribs and coconut rice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saturday is my 40th wedding anniversary and Sunday is Father's Day. Saturday I plan on griiling some Chicken legs I picked up pre marinated at the Mexican market. Sunday we may trek a hike or hit the coast then come home and make some grilled Korean ribs and coconut rice.

Congrats, 4me, and Mrs. 4me!!! Happy Anniversary!

I reckon we will be going to Norfolk to visit Mrs Hoot's sister. I have been instructed to bring my banjo and guitar. I 'spect there will be spirits involved.

My dad lives in California, so I'll call him Sunday. I just saw him in Austin a couple weeks ago, so that's good :) DH is leaving Sunday afternoon for a work trip. Maybe I'll pick up some steaks to grill tomorrow.

My dad will get a phone call as will my FIL. For DH, I plan on smoking (using my new stovetop smoker) some pork tenderloins wrapped in bacon. I'd like to get some potato salad made to go with them. No big plans. DH prefers little fuss so it will just be dinner for him. Not sure if the boys are planning anything for their dad or not. They are old enough to not need reminding.

Sunday will be my first father-less fathers' day. Boo hoo. for dinner, mush of some kind because my husband had some major dental extraction yesterday.

looks like dw wins out for me.

i'm working a double shift until 8am tomorrow, so i'll need to get some sleep when i get home. :(

i'm thinking of getting some dads and kids together and heading down to the field for a little baseball, and/or off to the batting cages for a while, then out for dinner.

i think i want to go to our favourite family friendly steakhouse, Charlie Brown's Steakhouse: New Jersey's Largest Steakhouse Chain

Last edited:
Our plans have changed and we're going to go to Busch Gardens for a while in the afternoon. Not sure how long we'll stay but we have season's passes so it doesn't matter if we leave early!

First, Happy Fathers' Day to all you Dads out there! And to all the Dads of the rest of us. Mine's gone *sniff* so cherish yours while you can.

Just the two of us with the kids back home in Ohio. It's been a toss-up all day. First I was planning on making potato salad (not started) with hotdogs and burgers (still not mixed). Then I saw the corner store's ad with porterhouse, mushrooms, and corn on the cob all on sale. I suppose it depends on whether or not we make it to morning Mass or don't go till 5PM. Now Himself is talking about the Last Chance Mass (Sunday evenings at 8:00PM) down in Rhode Island, in which case we'd end up with shore food.

I miss the kids terribly, but the fluidity of our life is fun while we're on our own!

aww, don't fight it, chuck. she only wants to make you feel special, or important, or whatever.

loved is the word i was looking for.

go for it, dad. it's something different which attempts to display their love in contrast to the mundane.

happy father's day.

I treated myself to french toast for breakfast. Now I notice I dribbled maple syurp on my nice clean shirt for the day. O well.

I think earlier this week I heard reference to a back yard picnic today. I wasn't asked to help prepare anything, so it's either a surprise or a reverse surprise. :cool::ohmy:

I got quite a nice surprise this morning. The girls made me eggs benedict for breakfast, including hollandaise sauce from scratch. Impressive!

img_1275211_0_16c677b99cdf0374e61a27ef5a3e74f8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom