Pie Party!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redkitty

Executive Chef
I've been meaning to post this for a while now! One of my favorite parties ever, we just had our 3rd annual last October. So heres the skinny on how to throw a PIE party!!!! :pig:

Using Evite is great to keep everyone from making the same PIE. And its so fun to see everyone's responses! It's also much needed to explain how the party works and that you need savory & sweet PIE's. You don't want everyone showing up with banana cream PIE!

As the host, I always buy a prize for 1st place winners, one for the sweet catagory and one for the savory. Last year it was a PIE server, another nice gift would be a PIE plate. You will need small pieces of paper for everyone to use for voting, its smart to print them off your computer and cut them up into squares. Again, you want everyone to vote for one winner for each catagory. I also use a white board to write down all the PIE names and who made them for quick and easy reference when voting (last year we had 12 PIE's!) We also made little signs and taped them to toothpicks to insert in each PIE.

Last year our PIE winner for savory was Crab Quiche and Peach Cobbler won for sweet. My PIE came in second place, Chocolate Mousse! The year before I won 1st place for my Black Forest PIE! Oh man, that was the most amazing PIE ever!!! Some other great PIE's we had last year... my wonderful British husband made Cornish Pastie's, we also had steak pizza PIE, avocado PIE (weird), pumpkin cheesecake PIE, shepard's PIE, trailer park PIE (some crazy spicey beef thingie)

Really great fun for all! We all had major PIE coma and could barely move after! Here's a photo of the previous year, all these PIE's squeezed together on my old tiny table!!!

I hope you enjoyed my PIE party idea and do let me know if you throw one!:chef:
img_421463_0_2280a07b595a994552182e124a7a4812.jpg

Miss Kitty..

I do love pie! However me want

TORT!!! TORT! TORT! TORT! TORT! ME WANT IT NOW!!:LOL:

Chocolate Grand Marnier Tort for Sunday dinner!! Yipeeeee!:clap:

Bumping this thread since October/November is a great time to throw a PIE party!!!

We are skipping ours this year since I won't be home again until Christmas. So if someone here has one....please post about it! I would love to hear about your PIE party!!!!

Red Kitty - would you mind posting your recipe for black forest pie? Just the name of it is making me drool!

It's always fun having a PI party on march 14... have everyone eat 3.14 slices... haha I know it's nerdy, but I've held pi pie parties before and they were great.

It's always fun having a PI party on march 14... have everyone eat 3.14 slices... haha I know it's nerdy, but I've held pi pie parties before and they were great.
You are a genious! We have several mathematicians in the family who just happen to love PIE as much as PI. March can't get here fast enough...

Back
Top Bottom