Pizza ideas please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dumpandstir

Senior Cook
I throw a pizza party for about 50 people once a year. I pre-make all the crusts and then we top them and bake them in a portable pizza oven.

I want some off the wall pizza ideas. I don't want desert pizzas cause we serve funnel cakes with toppings after dinner.

An Idea of what I have done in the past is top some pizzas with bagel bites or pizza bites. Its pizza pizza. :LOL:

So that should give you an idea of what I want. I want the attendees to go WTH and then like it.

We do lots of regular pizzas also, so I like to make a few fun ones.

Tuna with black olives, anchovies, capers...
Antipasto
Buffalo chicken
Pasta
Smoked sardines with olives, garlic, tomatoes, etc...
Onion rings

Last edited:
Off the top of my head:

Soup/green bean casserole pizza. Thinly sliced carrots, celery, onions, radishes, green beans, whatever other veggies, on a cream of mushroom soup base. Perhaps topped with canned French fried onion rings.

Reuben pizza, complete with thousand island dressing dip.

Beanie weenie pizza. (baked beans and fried sliced hot dogs.)

Spam pizza, maybe with pineapple and poi.

Sushi pizza.

Church lady pizza with shredded carrots mixed with lemon jello and crushed pineapple. Maybe throw in some canned baby shrimp. On a bed of cream cheese atop the crust.

Sounds like a blast!

Last edited:
My friend gave me this idea for a hot dog pizza: light mustard base topped with grilled or fried sliced hot dogs, onions, homemade chili, mozzarella cheese & whatever else you may like. At my house we serve it with pickle relish, ketchup, & hot sauce on the side. It made an instant family hit. Even my husband who is NOT a hot dog fan - really liked it. It's probably old news to a lot of people but it was new to me. Also how about mashed potato base with pulled fried Chicken drizzled with brown gravy & Cheddar cheese.

recipe

This is different and we really love it!:)

Crawfish Pizza
Ingredients

Apricot Sauce
1/2 C apricot preserves
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp chili garlic paste (available @ oriental market)
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Pinch of salt

In a small sauce add all ingredients over low heat and stir. Cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring often. If too thick to drizzle, it can be thinned with a little water. Set aside.

Pizza
Ingredients

1/4 lb cooked crawfish tails (I purposely reserve tails from a crawfish boil to make other meals)
1 Tbsp homemade or purchased blackening seasoning
2 Tbsp extra virgin oilive oil
1/4 lb Andouille sausage split lengthwise and cut into small chunks (we make our own, but Ragin Cajun by Thomas is pretty good)
1 pizza crust (16"), lightly pre-grilled
1-1/2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
1 C shredded Mozzarella
1/2 C shredded Fontina (if we can't find Fontina, we use Fontenella)
1/2 C thinly sliced red onion
1 roasted red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and skin removed, cut into 1/4" strips

Rinse and dry crawfish with paper towels. In medium bowl, toss crawfish with blackening seasoning. Make sure tails are coated well. Unless you have an excellent exhaust system in your kitchen, this next step should be done outside using gas burner, like a jet cooker. Get a medium CI pan white hot. Add 1 Tbsp of the oil. Add the crawfish and stir to blacken (about 2 minutes). Add the andouille and stir for another minute, remove from pan and set aside. Brush one side of the crust with the remaining oil. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and distribute the shredded cheeses evenly over the crust. Top with crawfish and andouille mixture making sure to evenly distribute over the pizza. Add red onions and roasted pepper strips. Drizzle evenly with apricot sauce. You can do the pizza in an oven until the cheese melts and bubbles, but I prefer either grilling or a wood fired oven. If you like cilantro, garnish with 1 Tbsp of torn leaves. Enjoy!

You can substitute small shrimp for the crawfish.

recipe

Here is another of our favorites. It will give you pause looking at the ingredients, but the proof is in the tasting!:yum:

Proscuitto, fig & Gorgonzola Pizza
Ingredients
12 fresh figs, Mission or other
1/2 C apple juice
1/2 C light brown sugar
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 Pizza crust (12"), lightly pre-grilled
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
1/2 C shredded Mozzerella
1/2 C shredded Fontina (if we can't find Fontina, we use Fontenella)
1/4 lb Prosciutto de Parma or San Daniele, sliced paper thin
1/2 C crunbled Gorgonzola
Remove stems and cut fighs in half. In a 12" skillet, over medium heat, place the figs apple juice and brown sugar. Cook until the sauce becomes syrupy, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Let cool slightly. Brush one side of the crust with oil, sprinkle with the Parmesan and top with the Mozzarella and Fontina. Evenly distribute spoonfuls of the figs, in their syrup, over pizza. Curl up 1/2 slices of the proscuitto and place evenly over the pizza. Top with crumbled Gorgonzola. You can bake these in the oven until the cheeses are melted and bubbling, but we prefer to grill them or use a wood burning oven. Enjoy!

Dump and Stir,

When I had first joined D.C. in January 2012, I had posted a few lovely Pizza doughs as well as Pizzas and Calzone recipes in the Pizza Section. If you take a few minutes, and do a search: Margi Cintrano ... you shall encounter.

Best of luck with your Pizza Fiestas,
Margi Cintrano.

How about a General Tso's chicken pizza or some other specialty from a Chinese restaurant on a pizza crust.

Polish kielbasa and kraut, Irish corned beef, and on and on, so many bad possibilities! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

You need a good appetizer to get the pizza ball rolling.

Bloomin' Onion Pizza Bread

Bloomin' Pizza Bread | The Girl Who Ate Everything

Bloomin' Onion Bread | The Girl Who Ate Everything

Meatball & Spaghetti pizza (use angel hair pasta & halve the meatballs)

Mac & cheese ( w or w/o coin-sliced hot dogs

Mexican Pizza - black beans, mex cheese, salsa, topped w/ sliced avocado & sour cream

Taco Bell Pizza - copycat recipe on line

Greek Pizza

Thai Pizza (CPK has a copycat recipe on line - using peanut butter, honey etc.))

Shrimp Scampi

BBQ chicken

Eggplant parmesan pizza

BLT

PB&J

I like (Caesar) salad on warm pizza bread. Add grilled chicken or salmon, if you like.

I just want you to remember one thing: If God wanted pineapple on pizza, He would have put Italy in the South Pacific!

Last edited:
I just want you to remember one thing: If God wanted pineapple on pizza, He would have put Italy in the South Pacific!
I bet you'd eat it if it had bacon. :pig: :angel:

Oh, No! Spaghetti-Os Pizza

Oh, No! SpaghettiOs Pizza | Slice Pizza Blog

Spaghetti & Meatball Pot Pies
Spaghetti and Meatball Pot Pies | Plain Chicken

Seriously speaking. If you want some "Gourmet" pizza ideas...

Pear, prosciutto & arugula

Smoked salmon, cream cheese/sour cream or creme fraiche, dill & caviar.

Flatbread pizzas with artichokes, prosciutto etc. Made a few recently will look through my recipes.

I reckon chicken pie pizza would be good. Use a pastry crust and top it with garden peas, carrots, onions, chicken with a nice savory sauce. Hmmm, I might have to try that, myself!

Back
Top Bottom