Playoff - Superbowl party food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
texasgirl said:
The Rolling Stones :mrgreen:

I am making, shrimp cocktail to go with the left over shrimp from tonights dinner, parmessan bites, velveeta dip with meat, guacamole and my hot sauce.

Gee, Thanks.
You are very creative!

I'm making two things I've found on this board! :chef:Took me forever to decide since there are so many fabulous recipes to choose from. I'm going to a huge Potluck Superbowl Bash so there should be tons of fun and tons of food along with some serious sipping going on. :angel:

The first think I'm making is the arugula, manchego & fuji apple salad and the other thing I'm going to try is the cheese and onion (using Gruyere and shallots) puff thingies!

:mrgreen: I can't wait for the game! :mrgreen:

Goooooooooooooooooo 'hawks!

:heart:
Z

that salad sounds fantastic zereh. are you going to dress the arrugula first? i would go with a sweet vinagrette, very lightly.

well, no visiting buddy from d.c., and i got stuck working another 12 hour overnight, so we'll probably just stay home.

so far, it looks like i'll be making shellfish persille', and spinach/cheese/artichoke dip with blue corn chips for appetizers, and snapper filet with chorizo, potatoes, and mussels in white wine for the entree.

shellfish persille' is mussels, shrimp, and littleneck clams quickly steamed, then placed in a single layer in a baking dish, topped with persillade (parsley and garlic), then drizzled with a healthy amount of evoo. the original way that i saw this done was in 8" oval gratin dishes for individual servings. lacking gratin dishes, i will use a large glass baking dish. the shellfish persillade is covered with a fresh bread crumb topping, drizzled with more evoo, s&p, and it is placed under the broiler to toast the crumbs, heat the shellfish and release the aroma of the persillade.

the bass or snapper is broiled, then snuggled in a bowl of potatoes, chorizo, and mussels in a wine broth.

i'm going to stop by a local fish monger on the way home from work this morning, so i'll pick up black sea bass or red snapper filets, an the shellfish and chorizo.

Last edited:
The dance of the kitchen has begun. Refresher menu:

Marinara Meatballs

Bacon & Cheddar Tater Skins

Hot Buffalo Wings

~~~~~~~~~~~

Meatballs are in the crock pot on low, bacon is in the oven cooking. Once done, then the taters go in for baking. Figuring that takes me until about 3pm CST. Somewhere between there and 4pm, the wings will go in. Once they are done, the loaded up skins go in for final baking. All should be ready to rock and roll by kick off!

The cheese balls I made yesterday are in the refrigerator. The beer is on ice. Avocados are sitting on the counter just waiting to be made into guacamole. I am waiting just before I leave to make the guacamole, so it will be fresh.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom