Poker Party Nibblies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG - stuffed mushrooms! YES! OK, do you have a recipe for the cheesy stuffed ones too?
I have this one I like because it has swiss in there You clean the mushrooms and save the stems. now brush with melted butter 6-8 Tab. You will brush 20 Large mushroom caps, put them on baking sheet hollow side UP salt and pepper them mince the stems and saute with 3 tab of chopped chives or finely chopped green onions in 4-5 tab. butter about 4-5 min. lower heat and stir in 1 tab. flour for 1 min. add 3/4 c. cream and stir til thickened stir in 3 Tab minced parsley my friend says to top with 1/4 c. swiss cheese, but I mix it in with the parsley then I fill the caps drizzle with melted butter 15 min before serving bake at 375 about 15-20 min. The cheese will start to melt this way but since it's going to be baked what the hey:LOL:
kades

Wow..great menu.. I'd be spending more time eating than playing cards!!!

South West Eggrolls
Armadillo Eggs
Empanadas or mini calzones

Craig

Armadillo Eggs are just another name for Jalapeno Poppers. I start mine by getting the biggest jalapenos I can find. They are roasted, skins removed, slit open and the seeds removed, just as you would do for chili rellanos. Stuff them with a mixture of cooked and cooled Mexican chorizo, grated oaxaca cheese, fresh corn kernels, washed and drained canned black beans and Mexican herbs. I make the mixture into little "cigars" that will fit into the jalapenos and stick them into the freezer to harden up a bit. Stuff the peppers with the cigars, dredge in rice flour, dip in tempura batter and deep fry. You can sub any deep frying batter/coating you like and serve with your sauce/salsa of choice.;) I like crema with a little key lime juice, honey and chipolte.

Craig

Last edited:
Holy momma, those sound awesome Craig. Jalapeno poppers here mean cream cheese stuffed jalapenos, dipped and deep fried.

I'm afraid these will have to wait for another day darn it. I'm on my last stages of prep. Got the mushrooms left to stuff and a batch of brownies to make. (Stupid costco didn't have any 2 bite brownies so I have to abandon being lazy! :LOL:)

I have a all fillings and toppings prepped, I'll take them unassembled and put it all together over at the party site. If I can get someone to take pix for me I'll post. I am no longer allowed to operate anything except the webcam as I've broken 5 cameras in the last year. I SWEAR I just touch them and they blow up.

Salmon and dill Havarti...canned salmon with a little lemon juice on mini slices of dill Havarti cheese.

Holy momma, those sound awesome Craig. Jalapeno poppers here mean cream cheese stuffed jalapenos, dipped and deep fried.

I'm afraid these will have to wait for another day darn it. I'm on my last stages of prep. Got the mushrooms left to stuff and a batch of brownies to make. (Stupid costco didn't have any 2 bite brownies so I have to abandon being lazy! :LOL:)

I have a all fillings and toppings prepped, I'll take them unassembled and put it all together over at the party site. If I can get someone to take pix for me I'll post. I am no longer allowed to operate anything except the webcam as I've broken 5 cameras in the last year. I SWEAR I just touch them and they blow up.
Alix,after the party please put up your menu and let all of us drool on the keyboards. Hope you have a wonderful party.
kades

I agree. Those armadillo eggs sound tasty. That would be a great filling for an ABT.

I agree. Those armadillo eggs sound tasty. That would be a great filling for an ABT.

You may have to change the way the jalapenos are preped. You may have to skip the roasting to remove the skin as my prep may not hold up to the cooking technique.

Craig

Back
Top Bottom