Potluck Parties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have a group we call "The Bunch For Brunch" who monthly or so meet at noon on a Sunday. Whoever is hosting makes the main dish and assigns the sides. I've taken to doing the theme thing when they come here, and everyone gets into the spirit of things. It'll be, "we're doing Asian" or whatever. I've done Hawaiian, Asian, Mex, oldies (those traditional favorites from 50s and 60s), etc. Since our brunch time is noon, we don't have to stick to breakfast foods, although some do.

We just had our potluck at lunch today at work.
Fantastic food. One guy brought smoked meatloaf! fantastic.

My dish, a favorite. Corn Casserole.
1 can corn (with liquid)
1 can cream corn
1/2 cup butter (melted)
2 eggs(beaten)
1 cup sour cream.
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix.

My changes to the recipe.
change the canned corn to canned corn with sweet peppers. Fry up some bacon, add 2 tblsp bacon drippings and the bacon crumbled up. Also add 2 tbls diced jalapeno(I use from a jar) peppers, a little salt and black pepper.

Place in a baking dish, bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes.

I am going to a different pot luck this weekend....a pizza pot luck. We are supposed to bring our favorite pizza. I'm bringing a red sauce, chevon sausage, mozz and chevre, onions and garlic pizza on a NYTimes type crust. I plan on half baking my pizza at home just before we leave and finish baking it at the party..

Abecidarian, you're going to make me get out my dictionary. Thank you for the compliment. On my Christmas party invitation I actually put "Price of Admission: Food/paper/soap products for the food bank". This year I actually collected a couple of hefty checks for the food bank, which apalled me! Not that I don't believe that it is worthy, just that I didn't want to deal with others' money. I knew that two of my guests were seriously involved in their churches (our local bank is run by all of the churches in town), and just walked over to one of them and asked him if he'd handle financial contributions.

Beth, I did the pizza potluck thing once, and a great twist was that the person who decided to do desert make a wonderful one. They used those dairy case croissant dough things, rolled them out on a pan (not in croissant form, just rolled out flat). Baked, then spread some whipped cream cheese, and sliced fresh fruit. Drizzles of honey topped it off.

Back
Top Bottom