"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking

Old 11-10-2006, 09:07 AM   #11
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to Mark Webster
You may want to look at making little appetizers or tapas they are easy to make and can be very romantic if you serve them to one another. Regardless of what the main course turns out to be you could always melt chocloate for dessert and cut up fruit into it. Chocolate fondue for 8 could be fun.
Mark

Old 11-10-2006, 10:45 AM   #12
Head Chef

Fondue would be fun, a cheese one before your main course would mean your gf's pumpkin pie was not upstaged.....

Also, it occured to me that the best part of a romantic trip for me is the late breakfast next morning, have you planned that? Its much easier of course, get a good loaf on the way up, or pastries or muffins, or some pancakes and bacon (I love north American breakfasts :)) and lovely hot chocolate or coffee.

Chocolate is a reuring theme in romantic meals, its the endorphins that it is meant to release and its melting point.....invaluable!

Old 12-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #13
Master Chef

Hmmm.... I'm with the group who say eight people isn't romantic, two people is! I like your idea of chicken marsala (or picata, or anything similar). A bag of mixed baby greens, the pasta, a purchased desert (cheesecake or ice cream topped with a liquer comes to mind). Some antipasa before with cocktails. Simple, can be done with your limitations. But romance? I don't think so!
Old 12-07-2006, 09:40 AM   #14
Cook

Send a message via MSN to cc2003btw
Box of Gianduja. Thats your dessert. Mostly cocoa butter. And we know what temperature that melts at. Body temperature.

How about a nice cep risotto if you get a hold of the ceps. A pasta of some kind makes sense, all done on the stove.