"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking

Old 04-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Buffalo chicken dip is basically a cream cheese layer (mixed with some ranch), then shredded chicken breast mixed with Franks and then topped with grated cheddar and heated up. DEEEEELISH!

Yum. I like that too. I just wrote it down.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Buffalo chicken dip is basically a cream cheese layer (mixed with some ranch), then shredded chicken breast mixed with Franks and then topped with grated cheddar and heated up. DEEEEELISH!

Glad I reread this Alix....so you layer the ingredients, right? On the first read I thought it was all mixed up. Oh man, I bet that's great served with short celery sticks to dig in. Maybe sisters don't mind double dipping though. Copied and saved.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #13
Master Chef

If you're looking for something not spicy, I have an artichoke dip that's really good.

2 cans artichoke hearts (NOT MARINATED!!) Drain and chop (I give 'em a few pulses with my mini chopper)
2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cup mayo (no Miracle Whip)

Mix together and put in 9x9 baking dish
Bake 350F 20 mins or til hot

When making this for a crowd I double it and put it in my crockpot on high. When it gets bubbly I lower it to warm. Serve it with crackers or breadsticks (we like it with Triscuits)
Old 04-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #14
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbur View Post
If you're looking for something not spicy, I have an artichoke dip that's really good.

2 cans artichoke hearts (NOT MARINATED!!) Drain and chop (I give 'em a few pulses with my mini chopper)

When making this for a crowd I double it and put it in my crockpot on high. When it gets bubbly I lower it to warm. Serve it with crackers or breadsticks (we like it with Triscuits)
This stuff is wonderful!

Sometimes I cheat and use one 10 ounce box of chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry, in place of one of the cans of artichoke hearts.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbur View Post

That's exactly my favorite go to recipe Jabbur! I've made the mistake of changing it up some, only to end up with regrets. It's perfect the exact way it's written.

edit: we must have been typing at the same time Bea! I tried it once with spinach, and although I really like spinach, it just didn't do it for me.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #16
Everymom

Artichoke dip sounds like just the ticket! I think I might only have marinated though dang it. If I drained and rinsed them do you think that would work?

Kayelle, yes layered! I think it is originally buckytom's recipe, but I've modified it to fit my serving dishes etc. You use cream cheese and just blend in enough ranch salad dressing to make it smooth (bottom layer), shred up 3 chicken breasts and toss them with 1/2 - 1 full bottle of Franks original hot sauce (middle layer) then top with grated cheddar. Place in the oven for about 20 minutes til bubbly and serve with celery sticks, multigrain tortillas and sesame crackers. OM NOM NOM!

I think I'll make both dips and put the celery and chips in between them. I'll put out the veggie tray, the jalapeno poppers and I just decided on roasted garlic and brie. I'll have a fruit tray out too. I think that will be either light enough for the dancer, and filling enough for the rest of us to make do.

Thanks all!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #17
Master Chef

I've made it with marinated before by rinsing but the texture is different. I definitely like the non-marinated better.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #18
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Sounds like fun Alix! Have fun with your sister!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #19
Everymom

And now its snowing! GAH! Driving out to the airport in a snowstorm is not my idea of a good time. Phooey.

Ah well, we will eat well once we get home. Thanks again for all the great suggestions. I'll try and remember to post pix of what I ended up serving. We all know how plans need to be fluid when you have folks visiting.

I had originally planned chicken satay skewers with several side dishes for dinner tomorrow but we may end up with beef ribs. I'm just in the mood!
Old 04-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Have a great time Alix