Soup and Salad Luncheon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the Peanut Pumpkin soup recipe DS!

>>>>There are good ways of dealing with that issue. But ignoring it is not one of them<<<<<

We have one set menu (one soup, one salad) for this event. It's a fundraiser, and the budget won't stretch to a variety of soups and salads. I think the attendees understand that. If someone can't eat the soup, she'll be offered additional salad.
In other words, we don't ignore it... but we do try to avoid the most common "allergic" foods.... shellfish, peanuts... (The menus are printed along with the recipes.) I think most people who have dietary restrictions are accustomed to dealing with it at fundraising events of this type.

I don't envy you. A lot of people these days claim that preferences are allergies. It can be very aggrevating. My dear friend decides she is allergic to something different every couple of months. I have lost track of all of the things she is "allergic" to that she is no longer "allergic" to. The last time she was in my home she ate all kinds of things that I could never serve her in years past but now she has a whole new list. I indulge her because I love her but man it can be tough to satisfy so many different issues. I hope you find something that will do the trick for everyone. I occurs to me that a tomato bisque might do the trick but the salad may be harder unless you allow for self service of lots of different kinds of veggies.

Los Reyes del Huerto: The Kings of the Orchard

Saturday.

Good Morning Sharon,

Finally had a moment to look at the above titled book, which bears the Logo that you selected for your Avatar.

This book might come in English ( I would check out: www.amazon.com ), and the name is:

Los Reyes del Huerto
Author: Javier Tomeo
Publisher: Editorial Planeta - Barcelona

It is an amazing collection of historical fable-ized legends of 55 various fruit and vegetable varieties, and their factual data in addition to their legends handed down by the farmers and how they communicate with members of their species and the agriculturists ... Ironic, fascinating and awesome easy reading book. It is a collector´s item too ...

Since, my copy is in Spanish, I suggested Amazon, as they will have it, IF it was translated to English. I had purchased several books and DVDs from Amazon, so I recommend them. They shipped it right away and I am pleased with their services.

Have a nice wkend.
Margi Cintrano.

Last edited:
I don't envy you. A lot of people these days claim that preferences are allergies. It can be very aggrevating. My dear friend decides she is allergic to something different every couple of months. I have lost track of all of the things she is "allergic" to that she is no longer "allergic" to. The last time she was in my home she ate all kinds of things that I could never serve her in years past but now she has a whole new list. I indulge her because I love her but man it can be tough to satisfy so many different issues. I hope you find something that will do the trick for everyone. I occurs to me that a tomato bisque might do the trick but the salad may be harder unless you allow for self service of lots of different kinds of veggies.
Maybe it's an attempt to avoid a reputation as a "picky eater" which is so hard to be patient with - especially with adults. Strange that she keeps changing the things she doesn't care for, though. I have an in-law who uses that phrase (don't care for it) quite a bit... and about such ordinary things... mashed potatoes, corn... :wacko:
I think we'll end up with the Tomato Bisque or the Tomato Soup with Pancetta, and I already know of one person who will be attending who won't eat tomatoes - don't know if it's an aversion or allergy - but she'll be happy with a extra portion of salad. With the Salad we'll probably leave off the anchovies since a lot of people "don't care for" those.:rolleyes:

@ Sharon T: Sorry, that new edition doesn´t have Avatar

@ Sharon,

Sorry to hear Amazon does not have a foto of the book The Kings of the Orchard in its catalogue ... Could you contact their customer service and ask them ? You have not mentioned, if they have it in English. Has it been translated ?

Tomatoes, anchovies, mayonnaise, mustards and vinegar: many people are sensitive to acidity ... or very salty foods like anchovies, and it is best to try and balance neutralities ... for 175, it is quite a job !

Just heard that Whitney Houston died. She had such an incredible voice and 48 yrs old --- she was quite a troubled woman ... lots of addictions and abusive husband to boot. What a shame. It made Spanish News here, and they have a whole Bio on her tonight with her music. I had seen her years ago at a concert in Miami Beach Convention Centre.

Have nice wkend.
MC.

Back
Top Bottom