Suggestions for Family Reunion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok, let's see if this works.

i made this in a regular, wide-ish, 8 quart ss stock pot in this recipe so as to feed about 15 to 20, but you can easily double the recipe for a larger, lobster type pot to feed more people.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f56/buckytoms-manhattan-clam-chowduh-69290.html

i'm not great at writing recipes since i rarely use them, so use your judgement on things like butter and seasonings if you need a little more or less of something.

How does an antipasto tray sound. Line you tray the larger the better with an inexpensive green then roll into cigars all types of Italian meats, Coppa. Prosciutto, Toscano salami, hard salami, Spec, Imported ham, Thuranger, Pastrami, make sure the meats are sliced thin. I use two types of cheese one white Provolone, the other yellow, aged Gouda the 3rd line of goodies are assorted Olives, then Imported peppers sweet and hot. Tiny pickles, slices of small roasted eggplant, small slices of foccacia, anchoviey filets, pieces of tuna in evoo scattered around the tray.Also wonderful is a tray of fresh peeled and sliced fruit, peaches, nectarines,apricots, berries or combine several fruits. and put on buttered white country bread. Sprinkle the fruit lightly with sugar Place the bread on a baking sheet and add more sugar to the fruit for a more carmalized effect Bake in 425 oven for 20 min or til the fruit softens and sugar carmalizes Serve right away
kades

:)

i made this in a regular, wide-ish, 8 quart ss stock pot in this recipe so as to feed about 15 to 20, but you can easily double the recipe for a larger, lobster type pot to feed more people.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f56/buckytoms-manhattan-clam-chowduh-69290.html

i'm not great at writing recipes since i rarely use them, so use your judgement on things like butter and seasonings if you need a little more or less of something.
Thank you, it sounds womderful!

How does an antipasto tray sound. Line you tray the larger the better with an inexpensive green then roll into cigars all types of Italian meats, Coppa. Prosciutto, Toscano salami, hard salami, Spec, Imported ham, Thuranger, Pastrami, make sure the meats are sliced thin. I use two types of cheese one white Provolone, the other yellow, aged Gouda the 3rd line of goodies are assorted Olives, then Imported peppers sweet and hot. Tiny pickles, slices of small roasted eggplant, small slices of foccacia, anchoviey filets, pieces of tuna in evoo scattered around the tray.Also wonderful is a tray of fresh peeled and sliced fruit, peaches, nectarines,apricots, berries or combine several fruits. and put on buttered white country bread. Sprinkle the fruit lightly with sugar Place the bread on a baking sheet and add more sugar to the fruit for a more carmalized effect Bake in 425 oven for 20 min or til the fruit softens and sugar carmalizes Serve right away
kades

I could serve the Boar's Head Three Pepper Cheese. Has anyone tried that yet? It is some awesome hot cheese. It burns but it is GOOD.

your recipe for manhatten clam chowder is a beautifully conceived dish that i'll be making myself, scaled down by half. can't wait to try this! no diced bacon in here, tb?

I am with you on the habenero cheese! Awesome!

My family regularly drives an hour+ to Monterey Ca for a plate of antipasta at Abalonetti's on the Montery wharf.

It consists of a head of roasted garlic,sourdough baguette,Marinated calamari,marinated grilled peppers,good feta,marinated mushrooms.roasted asparaged,assoted olives,Grilled eggplant/fennel and garlic spinach.
You get a healthy plate of this for under 15 bucks.Let the wine pour!

Writing this down has made a visit iminent!
http://www.abalonettimonterey.com/menu1.htm

The meats are provided and everyone brings a veggie/salad/side item and a case of drink. We are expecting approximately 50-60 ppl this year according to responses. I am leaning towards a 4-5 loaves of fresh breads and rolls. I love to bake bread and the smell just warms the house.

I can't imagine anyone who'll be attending who wouldn't appreciate fresh homemade rolls and bread.

Sounds like the perfect idea to me. As long as the temperature doesn't go back up to 100 degrees..... :rolleyes:

The family reunion was a large success. We had a total of 45 show up, only 22 missing in action. Someone brought a secret ingredient pie and gave a prize away if you could guess the ingredient. It was real starchy and I thought it was potato but it was pinto bean smashed up.

Back
Top Bottom