"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking

Old 02-01-2014, 08:16 PM   #11
Certified Pretend Chef

SO and I, our daughter, SIL and GS will be picking up some ribs, pulled pork, wings and some sides at a local BBQ joint for consumption during the S. Bowl.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:48 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
SO and I, our daughter, SIL and GS will be picking up some ribs, pulled pork, wings and some sides at a local BBQ joint for consumption during the S. Bowl.
And the "S. Bowl" is.....?

Old 02-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post

And the "S. Bowl" is.....?
Check the thread title.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #14
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Do you have trays for the bowls to sit on? If one of them gets excited they may jump up when an important play is made and you will find soup all over the floor and furniture. Too many liquids are not a good idea for a Super Bowl game.
I agree that soup in any Super Bowl type party is not a good idea. We went to a party for the SB and the hostess served chili and cornbread in her dining room before the game. We all had a seat and a nice visit then went in to watch the game. (I won $75.00 in the pool).
Old 02-18-2014, 04:10 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Check the thread title.
O-k-a-a-y. So what is Super Bowl?
Old 02-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #16
Certified Pretend Chef

Its the championship game for the American football season.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:53 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndalou View Post
I agree that soup in any Super Bowl type party is not a good idea. We went to a party for the SB and the hostess served chili and cornbread in her dining room before the game. We all had a seat and a nice visit then went in to watch the game. (I won $75.00 in the pool).
Many years ago my youngest son asked me to host an SB party. Reluctantly I agreed. I have a footstool that opens and has four wooden trays inside. The trays came out and the footstool along with any other piece of furniture that could act as a coffee table or end table was put to use. No spilled drinks or food on the floor or furniture. I also used heavy duty disposable plates and cutlery that could stand up to male use. Some rules were set before I agreed. No one under 21 was to be invited was Rule #1. I refused to have minors drinking in my home. Rule #2 was no hard liquor.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:28 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post

O-k-a-a-y. So what is Super Bowl?
Why would you rather wait, for days, for someone here to tell you instead of googling it?
Old 02-18-2014, 07:01 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Its the championship game for the American football season.
Oh. Thank you.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:16 PM   #20
Executive Chef

MC -- Seattle team came to play. Denver team essentially stayed home. Probably the worst match played game ever by two otherwise great teams. The only fun part is it was played outdoors in the north (New jersey) and it was wintery cold. And New York sucked all the pre games parties and hoopla for co-hosting the game. There was panic in the streets, a national shortage of chicken wings and velveeta melty cheese product. The good souper bowl ads were leaked in advance on-line and played on slow news days on the tv. They didn't allow tail gating near the stadium. People had to wait Hours to be bussed/ trained to/ from the game. Seattle deservedly won, but for the rest of the country's fans it was a blow out and a major let down. That was 2 weeks ago. I already forgot what goodies we had to munch on. So, essentially you didn't miss anything.

There's always next year. I, for one, can hardly wait !

Tags
food