Super Bowl LI plans (2017)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I personally would prefer it just go away entirely. :mrgreen: I could do without the screaming, yelling and red-facing that goes along with football games :rolleyes: in our house. And as someone who isn't a fan of any particular team, though there are a few players on various teams I like and would prefer to win, I have to agree with the Patriot bashers. Any team that gets caught cheating or doing shady things that many times, there has to be a raging fire in that smoke. Frankly, I find the salaries absurd for playing a game (and that goes for any pro-sport).

Hate the Steelers... tis my birthright to hate em.

A loophole is what people who are unhappy with the rules call it when the rule doesn't stop somebody for doing what they thought the rule might stop em from doing...

The communications issues effected both teams this year at Gillette and the NFL is the ones that supply the equipment, maintain the equipment and run the equipment. There is no local (team) influence on that.

Accusations are accusations and until they are proven they are best left alone.

Every team in the league plays it close to the lines, and that includes signing players to gain intel.

The bottom line is Belichick might be the best of all time as a coach and Brady is in the conversation for that at QB. People hate when too much success, unless it is theirs.

Thank you. Well said! Belichick does run a very tight ship. He has gone even so far as to hold work shops for the players on how to respond to what is deemed unacceptable questions by the press. You don't hear the players bashing players from other teams. I do want to thank the Steelers for sending the Patriots to the Super Bowl. It was the remarks by their coach that gave the Patriots the incentive to play harder and win.

Last edited:
I think part of the reason why folks have a little extra hate for Brady and Bellicheat is that they probably would have been just as good without the cheating. OK, so maybe they might have won one less Superbowl, or at least maybe had been to one less, but what they've done is incredible.

No matter how great you are, though, if you get caught cheating more than once, that shine on those trophies is tarnished forever. Everyone turns in to a kid on the playground who sees someone cheat to win and screams their head off about it.

Last edited:
I personally would prefer it just go away entirely. :mrgreen: I could do without the screaming, yelling and red-facing that goes along with football games :rolleyes: in our house. And as someone who isn't a fan of any particular team, though there are a few players on various teams I like and would prefer to win, I have to agree with the Patriot bashers. Any team that gets caught cheating or doing shady things that many times, there has to be a raging fire in that smoke. Frankly, I find the salaries absurd for playing a game (and that goes for any pro-sport).

Med, it might be a good day to catch a good movie at your local theater. There are so many good ones out there right now, and I know you'd really enjoy "Hidden Figures"!

Thought some of you might enjoy this article by our local paper's food writer about game-day food :)

Which team would win a Super Bowl food fight? New England or Atlanta? | Life | pilotonline.com
1) Not a fan of IPAs. I'll take a nice ale from Great Lakes Brewing, thank you.

2) Brunswick Stew all the way! Mine is soupier than what is shown in the photo, and we like it that way. In the time we've lived up here I've grown to prefer the Rhode Island "chowder" better (no cream, just clear broth).

3) Sorry, but that Ghetto Burger looks like it's already been eaten...:sick: I do love me a lobster roll every once in a while, but I like mine with lobster in it, not chicken. :ermm: Per a clip from the linked article: Lobster rolls are like a lightly dressed chicken salad tucked into a bun... Proofread, people, proofread! :LOL:

4) Yuck on Whoopie Pies. The cousins in PA love them, too. Himself's one cousin does make a decent one, but her filling isn't as cloyingly sweet as the commercial ones. And they're small, two-bite size. That's enough. Instead, I'll take half of that peach cobbler...with a bit of vanilla bean ice cream, please. :yum:

CG, I had two lobster rolls last Saturday and there was nothing but big chunks of lobster in both of them. Along with finely chopped onions and celery. Mayo, S&P go without saying. And every bite was absolutely divine!

I do love me a lobster roll every once in a while, but I like mine with lobster in it, not chicken. :ermm: Per a clip from the linked article: Lobster rolls are like a lightly dressed chicken salad tucked into a bun... Proofread, people, proofread! [emoji38]

??? She didn't say there was chicken in the lobster roll. She said they're "like" a chicken salad - an analogy to describe it to people who may be unfamiliar what it is: "Lobster rolls are like a lightly dressed chicken salad tucked into a bun, and you won’t have to travel far to score some for your Super Bowl spread. A Bite of Maine food truck brings in fresh lobster each week and turns out buttered, grilled buns stuffed with a quarter-pound of lobster in their light mayo-based sauce, or butter for the mayo haters among us."

While I like mayo, I'm a butter-in-my-lobster-roll kinda guy.

But it has to be on a soft, white, top split roll as well.

Hate the Steelers... tis my birthright to hate em.

A loophole is what people who are unhappy with the rules call it when the rule doesn't stop somebody for doing what they thought the rule might stop em from doing...

The communications issues effected both teams this year at Gillette and the NFL is the ones that supply the equipment, maintain the equipment and run the equipment. There is no local (team) influence on that.

Accusations are accusations and until they are proven they are best left alone.

Every team in the league plays it close to the lines, and that includes signing players to gain intel.

The bottom line is Belichick might be the best of all time as a coach and Brady is in the conversation for that at QB. People hate when too much success, unless it is theirs.

The communication issue goes well beyond one game at Gillette this year.
It indeed was this very issue at Gillette stadium that got this rule started regrading both teams losing com, if one lost com.
It takes a few minutes at most to get it straight and that is when teams like the pats use it their advantage. Seconds can make or break a game.
Remember, once the ball is snapped, unless there was a pre-snap penalty, the play counts and you cannot go back.
Belechick is known for the practice squad shopping before a game with the team he takes the player from. Usually just until that game is over then he releases them again.
Brady was suspened for violations of NFL rules and players have verified what goes on behind the scene while with the Patriots.
Sure some allegations are just that. But what about the allegations that they spied on other teams and took video of other teams and admitted it.
Just ask the Jets. Lots of accusations and some real truth to some of them outlined right here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_New_England_Patriots_videotaping_controversy

Belechick was at best an average coach until Drew Bledsoe got hurt and he was FORCED to start his third round pick.
It just happens that, that back up may have never seen the field is Tom Brady.
No doubt they are a very good football team. But no doubt I cannot stand them.

I think part of the reason why folks have a little extra hate for Brady and Bellicheat is that they probably would have been just as good without the cheating. OK, so maybe they might have won one less Superbowl, or at least maybe had been to one less, but what they've done is incredible.

No matter how great you are, though, if you get caught cheating more than once, that shine on those trophies is tarnished forever. Everyone turns in to a kid on the playground who sees someone cheat to win and screams their head off about it.

EXACTLY. I wonder how they will keep banners and other signage from the audience at the Hall Of Fame, that for sure will include both Brady and Belechick.

I understand why, as a Dolphins fan, that you feel the way you do. Maybe the Patriots just win because they are better top to bottom that other teams.

Med, it might be a good day to catch a good movie at your local theater. There are so many good ones out there right now, and I know you'd really enjoy "Hidden Figures"!

I do plan to see that, but we wait for most movies to make it to On Demand. Do you watch Timeless? One of those episodes had elements of Hidden Figures in it.

I'll probably read or petitpoint while the game is on.

...nothing but big chunks of lobster in both of them. Along with finely chopped onions and celery. Mayo, S&P go without saying...
Onion? Not in mine, please. Since lobster is pricy even when it's on sale, I don't want to taste onion. I like mine with just a drizzle of butter. Period. Make sure you grill the New England split roll, lay a small bit of lettuce in the bun to prevent bun deterioration, and stuff it with the lobster. Yu-ummmmm.

??? She didn't say there was chicken in the lobster roll. She said they're "like" a chicken salad - an analogy to describe it to people who may be unfamiliar what it is: "Lobster rolls are like a lightly dressed chicken salad tucked into a bun, and you won’t have to travel far to score some for your Super Bowl spread. A Bite of Maine food truck brings in fresh lobster each week and turns out buttered, grilled buns stuffed with a quarter-pound of lobster in their light mayo-based sauce, or butter for the mayo haters among us."

And I didn't insinuate that she did say that. I only stated what I had the day my daughter and I went out to lunch.

Stop looking for an argument in every post you read.

Onion? Not in mine, please. Since lobster is pricy even when it's on sale, I don't want to taste onion. I like mine with just a drizzle of butter. Period. Make sure you grill the New England split roll, lay a small bit of lettuce in the bun to prevent bun deterioration, and stuff it with the lobster. Yu-ummmmm.

I don't know what kind of onion they use, but it must be a sweet type. If is finely (and I do mean finely!) diced onion. You would be hard to find an individual piece of onion. It does add a depth of flavor.

And you are so right. A New England type bun. Toasted on both sides. I had the bright idea of making a couple of them for Sunday. Try to buy a lobster at your supermarket in February. Sure, Bright idea. Duh!

And I didn't insinuate that she did say that. I only stated what I had the day my daughter and I went out to lunch.

Stop looking for an argument in every post you read.
And this was not directed to you. Stop acting as if every post is meant for you.

I don't know what kind of onion they use, but it must be a sweet type. If is finely (and I do mean finely!) diced onion. You would be hard to find an individual piece of onion. It does add a depth of flavor.

For some people, raw onion, especially when it's finely diced, is unpleasant. I don't like it in any preparation.

Back
Top Bottom