Super Bowl Party Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure... I think i'll wait and see what everyone else here is having, and then i'll decide who's party I should crash... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Looks like I may be alone for the Super Bowl.:( But I had planned to make this:

Smoked Sausage and Garlic Bread Appetizer

Serves: 6
Cook Time: 15 Minutes

Ingredients:
1 lb. smoked sausage
3/4 loaf of Italian bread (I use french bread.)
1/2 cup olive oil
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 pinches kosher salt (I use regular salt.)
4 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped

Steps:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the sausage into 1/2" slices and cut the bread (keeping the crusts on) into 1/2" cubes. Line a sheet tray with foil. Put the bread and meat in a large bowl, add the olive oil, garlic and salt and toss to coat. Spread out on sheet tray and toast in oven for 10-15 minutes until bread browns. You will need to stir a couple of times during bake time for thorough baking. (I toss with tongs every 5 min.) Remove from oven and toss in fresh parsley. Serve warm with toothpicks so your guests can spear a piece of sausage and bread in each bite.

The original recipe suggested having grainy mustard on the side for dipping, but I didn't care for the taste on the meat. I just eat them as is. I also went ahead and speared a piece of sausage and a piece of bread on plastic picks and put them on a platter. I also thought that by omitting the meat you would have some awesome croutons, but haven't tried. The bread turns out so crunchy and drenched in the garlic-y oil. SO GOOD! I highly recommend this recipe.

I thought about having a Super Bowl party for myself and any other "strays" that might not have a place to go, but then I started thinking about who might possibly show up and decided against it.:innocent:

Last edited:
Looks like I may be alone for the Super Bowl.:( But I had planned to make this:

Smoked Sausage and Garlic Bread Appetizer

Serves: 6
Cook Time: 15 Minutes

Ingredients:
1 lb. smoked sausage
3/4 loaf of Italian bread (I use french bread.)
1/2 cup olive oil
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 pinches kosher salt (I use regular salt.)
4 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped

Steps:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the sausage into 1/2" slices and cut the bread (keeping the crusts on) into 1/2" cubes. Line a sheet tray with foil. Put the bread and meat in a large bowl, add the olive oil, garlic and salt and toss to coat. Spread out on sheet tray and toast in oven for 10-15 minutes until bread browns. You will need to stir a couple of times during bake time for thorough baking. (I toss with tongs every 5 min.) Remove from oven and toss in fresh parsley. Serve warm with toothpicks so your guests can spear a piece of sausage and bread in each bite.

The original recipe suggested having grainy mustard on the side for dipping, but I didn't care for the taste on the meat. I just eat them as is. I also went ahead and speared a piece of sausage and a piece of bread on plastic picks and put them on a platter. I also thought that by omitting the meat you would have some awesome croutons, but haven't tried. The bread turns out so crunchy and drenched in the garlic-y oil. SO GOOD! I highly recommend this recipe.

I thought about having a Super Bowl party for myself and any other "strays" that might not have a place to go, but then I started thinking about who might possibly show up and decided against it.:innocent:

Head on up here and join our family, plenty of room, and don't forget the smoked sausage and garlic bread!;):)

We might have: (gotta ok it w/the kids and their friends)
Crawfish pies
gator bites
pork boudin balls
buffalo fries
smoked steak k-bobs
smoked ribs
tamales
chili
skirt steak fajitas
and maybe a crawfish or snow crab boil

Just some of our ideas

Wow Big Al!! It sounds like you will have enough ofr us all!

This is our 6th year of hosting the party so my menu is pretty set ...
Chili for just eating or for making chili dogs
Sweet and sour wings
Warm jalapeno popper dip
Veggies with dip
Fruit

Everyone usually brings something to add to the festivities which is nice. It should be an even better party since our Packers are in it!

Hot wings and Hotter wings. Homemade.
That is all I have planned so far.

I like Franks red hot sauce for the mild ones and sharkbite habanero sauce for the hotter ones.

Franks does have a hotter one I may try this time.

I deep fry the frozen wings and then toss in sauce/melted butter mix. Simple.

Back
Top Bottom