Table Adornments/Centerpiece Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Do you have a special table adornment/centerpiece you use/make for seasonal, year round or special occasions to share? Some thoughts are combining seasonal fruits with earthy elements and scents.

This is a simple idea to put together that appeals to the senses.

Lemons and Limes with Eucalyptus:

In an urn (can be purchased at a Nursery etc.) or on a cake plate, alternate lemons and limes building into a pyramid shape. Intersperse with Eucalyptus.

*I've purchased fake Eucalyptus and spray-painted them in gold and placed in a black vase. I placed it in the bathroom for a bit, but kept finding new areas around the home to suit my decor.

Last edited:
I have a tall, plain Georgian style crystal goblet shaped vase. I fill it with lemons, limes and oranges during the winter - It's a real splash of colour and, since I've become allergic to a lot of cut flowers (asthmatic) - it is one way of bringing the colours of summer into the house and creating a nice smell!

Ishbel said:
I have a tall, plain Georgian style crystal goblet shaped vase. I fill it with lemons, limes and oranges during the winter - It's a real splash of colour and, since I've become allergic to a lot of cut flowers (asthmatic) - it is one way of bringing the colours of summer into the house and creating a nice smell!

Love your ideas, Ishbel. A cut glass vase sounds like another way to go. If you're allergic to cut flowers, there are some very real looking fakes around. Have you ever tried Eucalyptus? Or maybe incorpoarting sage or cinnamin sticks? Just some thoughts to bounce around. Wanted to mention pine cones, but read you have to bake them to get rid of the bugs, uggh.

We have a great hobby/craft store here called Michael's. They have every craft you can imagine. Also, fabric stores carry so many crafting materials. So happy this thread is here to share ideas. Thank you Ishbel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom