Tailgating Sundays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grilled steak today, but that's after the early game. Haven't checked the tv schedule for games after that. I am hungry (already) and for a quesadilla thing. I better get a move on if I'm going to the store and back before game time.

Our Football season is over. I am still upset that our Lions were beat out of the Grey Cup final, and then the team that beat us were trounced, but that's not a subject for this thread.

I can now turn my attention to the NFL, but since TB is home sick, I don't think there will be much tailgating here. The menu is probably more soup!

Kathleen made fried oysters for tailgating. She is thinking of finding the person who's recipe she used and making them pay for the oysters....

Oh well... they can't all be winners.

Welcome to Tailgating Sunday!

This week we are having oven baked hot wings using Frank's Wing Sauce (the other Frank). Blue cheese and celery on the side with it.

Did you know you can buy a boatload of wings at Costco? The price was decent but not wonderful compared to the local grocery store, but we were there and we needed wings.

What are you making today to celebrate the wonderful game of football today?

Grilled steak today, but that's after the early game. Haven't checked the tv schedule for games after that. I am hungry (already) and for a quesadilla thing.

Yikes. Has it only been a week? I made quesadillas last week. Didn't get around to diving into the steak until mid-week. And I made part of it into fajitas the next night followed by Taco Nights. Here I am doing it again today-- Quesadillas. I think they taste different even with the same/ similar ingredients as tacos/ burritos. Haha. No plans for steak this week.

We are going to the Brown's Backers party and watch the game - I made some "reindeer noses" - pretzels topped with chocolate kisses and M&M's, also scalloped potatos with cheese, bacon, cheese, bacon and sourcream sauce. Go Browns!!

Yes Frank. Went to Costco yesterday too. It's hard to find items conducively packed for single living. Right now my freezer is pretty full too. So no meat/ chix this trip. No family four-paks of soy sauce the size of liquid laundry detergent etc. Did buy a pineapple, large container sour cream, some cheeses, Compari tomatoes, 2 pak french bread, some other stuff. Got out of there way under a $100 for once too. Yay.

Happy football sunday!!

While the greatest team of the millennium/century/decade isn't playing until Monday night (That would be the Patriots, not Houston), I think we'll tailgate with a couple of ribeyes on the Weber kettle. Some string beans sautéed with bacon and a cold Sam Adams will compliment nicely.

Even though I'm congested, again, I made a chicken enchilada pie using rotisserie chicken from the supermarket. Served it up in bowls along with some Clementines on the side.

How about the rest of you?

Stouffer's Mac n Cheese and Salisbury Steak...I was running late and had to go do laundry. It was much easier to get frozen today. Besides, I have one more day to pig out...

Special Edition of Tailgate Sunday.

Since there is playoff football today we decided we would watch it with something to eat...

I made baked potatoes and put leftover sloppy joe on mine. Kathleen has broccoli and cheese.

Is anyone else having a Special Edition Tailgating Sunday today?

Not sure what you'd call it. I had a tuna salad sandwich for lunch and we're having turkey breast for dinner. I guess it's tailgating because I'm watching the game.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom