Tailgating Sundays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The plan was to make pulled pork BBQ yesterday to have today.

Well, we went and got a new cat. Spent too much time at the shelter (I think everyone wanted a new cat yesterday). They named her Mia but we think we are going to alter that to Mina.

Instead of making pulled pork BBQ I made pulled pork fauxBQ. Rubbed up the butt and put it in the oven over night.

It is about done resting so I will be pulling it here forthwith. Then Mina has to go back to the shelter because they forgot some shot or two.

I took some but they were horrible.

We were at the shelter forever this morning. The quick in and out did not happen.

I took some but they were horrible.

We were at the shelter forever this morning. The quick in and out did not happen.

You silly boy. Of course not. In and out? Never happens. Murphy's Law at work! And I like the name Mia. It means "My" in Italian.

We should have been told what they actually needed to do. They said they only needed to do a shot, not the feline leukemia test too.

Attachments

• 2013-11-17 12.14.00.jpg
    2013-11-17 12.14.00.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 172
We should have been told what they actually needed to do. They said they only needed to do a shot, not the feline leukemia test too.

She is a beautiful girl. I assume it is a girl. You are right. They should have expanded on "just a couple of shots. That is a test that could have waited a day or two. :angel:

There were SO many kitties at the Shelter. Mina looked like Jez, so we could picture them as a matched set. Plus, Mina did not hiss at the other kitties. We believe that she saved it for meeting Jez. :) Also, Mina only speaks with her claws.

Addie. she is a girl. Three years old and weighs 8 pounds. Very timid unless confronted, but will throw down if needed.

Last edited:
I never understood the feline leukemia test. Many cats test positive for it but live out long lives with no problems. Others die within the week.

+1. Must have been Cat Shopping Saturday.

Our shelter had many MANY "Crazy Cat Lady Starter Kits." Did you get just one??? We saw two that were paired. The boy was laying in the back of the cage watching his sister totally work the crowd. She was jumping and pawing. It was like she was saying, "I'm getting both of us out of here today!" If we did not already have one cat, we would have had two. :)

There were SO many kitties at the Shelter. Mina looked like Jez, so we could picture them as a matched set. Plus, Mina did not hiss at the other kitties. We believe that she saved it for meeting Jez. :) Also, Mina only speaks with her claws.

Addie. she is a girl. Three years old and weighs 8 pounds. Very timid unless confronted, but will throw down if needed.

Don't be surprised if the both of them show signs of territory being invaded. Cats are just as territorial as dogs. And they protect their territory. :angel:

I never understood the feline leukemia test. Many cats test positive for it but live out long lives with no problems. Others die within the week.

After having a cat die of Feline Lukemia, it scares me to pieces. I'm glad they checked her, but was rather surprised they don't screen for it right away. :ermm:

After having a cat die of Feline Lukemia, it scares me to pieces. I'm glad they checked her, but was rather surprised they don't screen for it right away. :ermm:

I had a kitten die of it before and another that that tested positive live until 15 years. Scary is the right word.

They had you bring home an untested cat when you have a cat at home? :ohmy:

My shelter made me prove my already cat at home was up to date w/ her shots before I could adopt the baby. And a whole bunch of rigamarole. Not allow the cats outdoors, no de clawing, No dogs, even though the shelter adopted out dogs too. I forget what all. I guess they have different rules everywhere. Then, I still had to bring her in for some other shot(s) when she got bigger, cuz she was too young / didn't weigh enough at the time . My Vet, My dime, not theirs. Well, of course she can go outside, what are they thinking. And my two are great friends w/ Dx's dog.

Our shelter had many MANY "Crazy Cat Lady Starter Kits." Did you get just one??? We saw two that were paired. The boy was laying in the back of the cage watching his sister totally work the crowd. She was jumping and pawing. It was like she was saying, "I'm getting both of us out of here today!" If we did not already have one cat, we would have had two. :)

Oh lordy, no! Beagle keeps asking for her own personal kitty, cats just don't seem to feel the same about Beagle :(

What a pretty kitty! Congrats on your new family member!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom